The Hawk

Wong & Owens

Did anybody else notice who hates hawks call. I just tought that it was kind of funny.

"I'm sorry, but I can't stand Harrelson. Not only are his catchphrases really stupid, his commentary is the worst sort of homer chatter you can imagine. He insults the opposition, cheers on the Sox players, and sits silently brooding when something goes wrong. Give me Herb Carneal and "It's back, waaaaaay back, it's ... gone, touch 'em all!"

-- Mike, St. Paul, Minn. (1:41 p.m.)

QUOTE(sayitaintso @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 02:11 PM)
Did anybody else notice who hates hawks call. I just tought that it was kind of funny.

"I'm sorry, but I can't stand Harrelson. Not only are his catchphrases really stupid, his commentary is the worst sort of homer chatter you can imagine. He insults the opposition, cheers on the Sox players, and sits silently brooding when something goes wrong. Give me Herb Carneal and "It's back, waaaaaay back, it's ... gone, touch 'em all!"

-- Mike, St. Paul, Minn. (1:41 p.m.)

I saw that but didn't bother to read where the person was from.

It all makes sense now. I'm less annoyed that it's most likely a twinkie fan since they really have no business liking their rival's guys anyways.

Thanx for catching that.

QUOTE(SnB @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 02:15 PM)
if i was another team's fan, i'd probably hate hawk too if i had to listen to him.

He appeals to sox fans and sox fans only

The author isn't a Sox fan. I think I've met some non-Sox fans (fans of other teams, not objective journalists) that appreciate him.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 12:13 PM)
I saw that but didn't bother to read where the person was from.

It all makes sense now.  I'm less annoyed that it's most likely a twinkie fan since they really have no business liking their rival's guys anyways.

Thanx for catching that.

I'm sure he's busy trying to get Bert to circle him.

QUOTE(sti3 @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 07:27 PM)
The author isn't a Sox fan.  I think I've met some non-Sox fans (fans of other teams, not objective journalists) that appreciate him.

I totally agree, my brother is a cubs fan but watches the sox with me because of Hawk.

Soon I am sure he will cross over to the dark side with me.