Any Office Fans Out There?

palesox38

Have you ever seen The Office(BBC version)?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever seen The Office(BBC version)?

• Yes
    • No

I was just wondering if there were any Office fans out there. No, not the NBC version,(which was actually pleasantly surprising)but the original BBC version with Ricky Gervais. I'm having difficulty getting any of my friends into it, some like it, most don't. I always tell them that they have a hard time "respecting" the humor, as it is very subtle. I think alot of that has to do with the fact that American humor can be very obvious and over-the-top in a childish sort of way. That's possibly why one of my favorite shows, Arrested Development, isn't succesfull. Anyway, I was just wondering if any of the fans were out there.

It was my favorite sitcom ever, even if it was extremely short lived. I have both seasons and the special on DVD. That series had everything. The humor is not always subtle, many times it is quite obvious. The key is that it was pulled off without being obnoxious unlike so many sitcoms are today.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 04:05 PM)
It was my favorite sitcom ever, even if it was extremely short lived.  I have both seasons and the special on DVD.  That series had everything.  The humor is not always subtle, many times it is quite obvious.  The key is that it was pulled off without being obnoxious unlike so many sitcoms are today.

I also have the seasons and special.

QUOTE(palesox38 @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 02:41 PM)
I was just wondering if there were any Office fans out there. No, not the NBC version,(which was actually pleasantly surprising)but the original BBC version with Ricky Gervais. I'm having difficulty getting any of my friends into it, some like it, most don't. I always tell them that they have a hard time "respecting" the humor, as it is very subtle. I think alot of that has to do with the fact that American humor can be very obvious and over-the-top in a childish sort of way. That's possibly why one of my favorite shows, Arrested Development, isn't succesfull. Anyway, I was just wondering if any of the fans were out there.

A few of my friends are absolutely in love with the show, I haven't got around to seeing it yet.