Clarett reporedly faking injury

SnB

Rumors continue to swirl that Maurice Clarett's groin injury is less than genuine.

Both NFL Network and profootballtalk.com have reported that Clarett is upset about being fifth on the depth chart because he won't reach incentives in his wacky contract. Clarett reportedly wants to get cut, but many believe Denver will stash him on injured reserve this season. Aug. 12 - 3:34 pm et

Source: ProFootballtalk.com

God the NFL sucks, how many ego's can one league handle?

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 08:33 PM)
Once again, another great draft pick by the Denver Broncos. Man they've wasted a lot of them over the past few years.

Well, to their credit, history was on their side.

Every rookie RB they touch turns to gold.

It was unbelievable. If Clarett is their first faliure in 7 years, that ain't too bad.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 12:34 PM)
Well, to their credit, history was on their side.

Every rookie RB they touch turns to gold.

It was unbelievable.  If Clarett is their first faliure in 7 years, that ain't too bad.

What's the point in wasting a 3rd rounder on him though when you've already got Tatum Bell, Mike Anderson, Quinten Griffin etc.

And a good RB is about the only thing they can draft well. Remember all of the shoddy 1st round CB's they've drafted over the years like Willie Middlebrooks?

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 08:38 PM)
What's the point in wasting a 3rd rounder on him though when you've already got Tatum Bell, Mike Anderson, Quinten Griffin etc.

And a good RB is about the only thing they can draft well. Remember all of the shoddy 1st round CB's they've drafted over the years like Willie Middlebrooks?

I liked Middlebrooks...thought he was going to be above-average. :ph34r: :lol:

Should they have drafted Clarett in the third round? No. I'll give ya that.

And you thought T.O was bad;

Maurice Clarett reportedly ''demanded'' to be moved up the depth chart in a meeting with coach Mike Shanahan.

This story gets better every day. According to the report, Clarett's groin injury flared up the day that Shanahan denied Clarett's request. Aug. 16 - 8:45 am et

These guys just amaze me. I understand the competitive desire and ego that it takes to put in the work to become an NFL player. But once there, don't they realize that everyone else around them has about the same talent and desire?

Clarett is a piece of s***. This kid has been living on silver spoons his entire life, and every time something goes bad, he gets pouty and tries to force everyone to give him what he wants. I watched an ESPN special report on Clarett(probably one of the many reasons he is such a spoiled brat) and all he could talk about was how tough it was, but he was gonna make it. Every shot from practice i saw of him, he looked overmatched. I hope Shanahan lets him go with the first team in a pre-season game, I hope Clarett is just annihilated. Shanahan needs to realize that he cant make gold out of EVERY running back.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 07:34 PM)
denver has good running backs cause of there godamn ilegal chop blocks.  there offensive line has ended a couple seasons for some DE

Exactly. I hate Denver, they deserve anything coming to them. Maybe they can find a way to pay some guys off the books and land another Superbowl. :fyou Denver

Clarett and Denver deserve eachother.

Edited by SoxFanForever

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 07:34 PM)
denver has good running backs cause of there godamn ilegal chop blocks.  there offensive line has ended a couple seasons for some DE

They always have damn good personnel on the O-Line because they make it their #1 priority, just like Kansas City and St. Louis. And their schemes are just top notch.

Backs like Droughns, Gary, Anderson, Griffith, and Bell are nothing special. Well, to be fair, the book is still out on Bell. Point is, you can bring in just about any run-of-the-mill schmuck at HB, and they'd have an outside shot at 1200+ yards.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 09:38 PM)

Because they have already proved they can deal a RB if they have too many. I.e Bailey for Portis

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 03:35 PM)
I would agree with you if there wasnt such a thing as the BCS.

that's the major thing that halted my interest in CFB up until i was at college.

A top 4 team tournament at the end would make a world of difference.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 09:04 PM)
I'll be watching to see if anyone else emerges, but I wouldn't bet on it.

You know what? Someone's gonna have to emerge, what with their first three picks spent on CBs and Walls coming back from inury. We'll see, it's gonna be interesting. If that secondary comes together, they'll win 11+ games. And if Courtney Brown and Gerard Warren finally fulfill their potential to go along with impact players in Pryce, Wilson, and Williams in that front 7? They could meet New England in the AFC Championship game. That's a lot of ifs, though.

Edited by hammerhead johnson

QUOTE(SnB @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 04:04 PM)
that's the major thing that halted my interest in CFB up until i was at college. 

A top 4 team tournament at the end would make a world of difference.

The BCS is messy. Up until about 2 years ago, i supported it to a T, one of the few people who did. Tons of arguments about it over the years at high school and s***.

However, the one thing i LOVE about college football is that the regular season is uber important. Lose, and you are pretty much out. Big games are BIG games.

I wouldn't mind an "and one" game after the bowls. But some years a 4 team tournament wouldn't work. What if 2 teams are undefeated? Why should 2 other teams get a shot at the title, if they have one loss? Etc Etc. There are tons of scenarios.

But at least 4 is reasonable. Some people are like let's have an 8 or 16 team tournament. Are you nuts? Regular season would mean nothing. Ohio St/Michigan? Who cares who wins, cya in the playoffs. Oklahoma/Texas? Same thing. FSU/Florida, and so on and so forth. Games wouldn't mean s***, college football would lose it's luster.

So you have to be careful with the solution, if it involves a playoff or whatever. At least the BCS is trying to improve every year, instead of being stubborn and thinking everything is perfect.

I'm not saying all playoffs in all sports are bad at all, don't get me wrong. That's not what i dislike about the NFL. But the college game is different. Regular season is epic. Every week is win or go home. Gotta love that.