White Sox vs Red Sox - 8/13/05

BigSqwert

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 01:25 AM)
Hawk slurping Ken Griffey Jr. saying he knows him and Frank didn't take steroids. Sounds like he's campaigning for him. That pretty much means he's not coming to me.

Why, if Hawk thinks the Sox might get him, he'll "slurp" him. It's when he doesn't praise him is when I think there's no chance of a deal.

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 08:09 PM)
The fact is, we should not be talking about Brian Anderson, unless it's an emergency.  If there's an emergency in the next two weeks, it will be Borchard like it or not.

They need a dangerous bat, not a 23 yr. old with 100+ K's in AAA.  Not to discredit Anderson but they need somebody just a little more dangerous.

our minor leaguers are not the answer right now. Not in our system.

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 09:22 PM)
Right.  Get the job done, we can guess if he's gotten the job done but we don't know for sure.

They are not looking good though.  That is not a secret.

It will all come down to who heats up before the playoffs. I don't see many personnel moves coming for any of the contenders.

The Sox look a little lethargic at the moment. Lot's of time left to get hot and have others go into a funk. Hopefully the Sox can clinch early enough to rest the right people for the playoffs. Despite all the Ozzie bashing on this site, I think he is the right guy to take this team into the playoffs.

Why, if Hawk thinks the Sox might get him, he'll "slurp" him.  It's when he doesn't praise him is when I think there's no chance of a deal.

Right, this is the way it's always been with Hawk. Totally agree.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 07:26 PM)
Why, if Hawk thinks the Sox might get him, he'll "slurp" him.  It's when he doesn't praise him is when I think there's no chance of a deal.

Whenever Hawk or DJ mention something, something negative happens. When someone is on a hitting streak, Hawk or DJ will mention it and that day their hitting streak will be over. They'll talk about A-Row's average with RISP with the bases loaded and 1 out and he'll GIDP. Whatever they say, the worst happens. Expect us not to Griffey and a possible injury to him tommorow.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 07:25 PM)
Hawk slurping Ken Griffey Jr. saying he knows him and Frank didn't take steroids. Sounds like he's campaigning for him. That pretty much means he's not coming to me.

This got me thinking as well.

Hawk always touts the company line, as he is a JR buttkisser (he seriously tried to sell having Harris starting Opening Day on the score a couple years ago), so I was thinking we had no chance when he was doing the "Where's he gonna play?" thing, but maybe talks are starting to change now after singling him out with Frank as a clean player? (Do we know Griffey was clean? You don't have to be huge to have taken them, and he has the injury trends)

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 01:27 AM)
  Despite all the Ozzie bashing on this site, I think he is the right guy to take this team into the playoffs.

Well, everyone knows I disagree. It's for that reason that I made a promise last night that I won't post in the gamethread if the Sox make the playoffs. I'd rather just sit back and enjoy making the playoffs instead of criticizing every important move that's made.