White Sox vs Red Sox - 8/13/05

BigSqwert

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 08:30 PM)
quickman can't stand me, he hates me, so I know I'm on the right track.

I find it hard to believe that he hates you. That just made me laugh reading all the people down in the dumps about the team and you start talking about hot moms.

TQ, how can you dislike Jim?

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 09:29 PM)
Well, everyone knows I disagree.  It's for that reason that I made a promise last night that I won't post in the gamethread if the Sox make the playoffs.  I'd rather just sit back and enjoy making the playoffs instead of criticizing every important move that's made.

The Sox gameday managerial moves are sure to be criticized on this site, no matter who makes them or what the outcome. The thing I like about Ozzie is the attitude that he will instill in his team. To me, he seems a great choice to prevent them from beig too tight or being too fatalistic. He believes in them and they see that. For starters, just imagine the camera panning to Ozzie in the dugout and he has a somnambulistic, bored look - it doesn't fit. Yet I could imagine several other managers being caught like this (cough cough - think of the lesser Chicago team for starters).

How hard is it to understand what's going on with Baj: He had his chance last season to impress Ozzie, and he didn't. Ozzie is definitely the type of manager to favor certain players due to the way they play. Baj had his chance, and even though it was in a very limited period, he just didn't do much to make Ozzie eager to call him up this season. It's not like our bullpen has struggled this season.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 01:36 AM)
Borchard's numbers have been pretty impressive since May 1. Do you think he should be on the team?

Not really... he's still striking out a lot, and not walking a lot, which are pretty important. And, a .467 SLG% at Charlotte isn't great. I bet Chris Young will/could surpass .500 next year.