White Sox vs Red Sox - 8/13/05

BigSqwert

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 05:23 PM)
Haven't you heard? Good pitching will always defeat good hitting--except when it applies to games such as tonight. Then the excuses turn to how great of a hitting lineup Boston has.

No one can admit they're not concerned how Garland and Buehlre have pitched these last two games.

HE GAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And look who's warming up, yes, it's Jon Adkins.

And what does this do, it saves the arms of the guys we will really need down the stretch.

Not sure why this is so hard to understand.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 07:23 PM)
The 2 most replaceable guys on our offense are Timo and Ozuna.  The problem is, those are two of Ozzie's favorites that can do no wrong.  We need to make some upgrades, but it's harder to do when there's no one you feel you can "replace".

Its a huge problem as i just got my playoff bill. Anyway, I blame managment fully for not getting the better players. Huff or Griffey would have been great. Worrying about our s***ty Minor league players should not be an issue. Just ask Schueler what that got him.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 06:26 PM)
While they had two great starters, I wouldn't say their offense sucked.  They did have a guy with almost 60 homers in their lineup that season.

Yeah, when I read that Article I was pretty surprised. 14 of the last 15 Champs have been hitting teams.

Its a huge problem as i just got my playoff bill. Anyway, I blame managment fully for not getting the better players. Huff or Griffey would have been great. Worrying about our s***ty Minor league players should not be an issue. Just ask Schueler what that got him.

Stop with this. Did Aniston have a short skirt on? That is the issue.

I was thinking today at work the following: We've been really struggling at maintaining our early leads lately. Quite a few times, we've jumped ahead to a quick 3 or 4 run lead, only for the opposition to make the game close during the middle innings. I'm not sure what the reason is, but we need to just put the team away when we get off to the fast start.

I was thinking today at work the following:  We've been really struggling at maintaining our early leads lately.  Quite a few times, we've jumped ahead to a quick 3 or 4 run lead, only for the opposition to make the game close during the middle innings.  I'm not sure what the reason is, but we need to just put the team away when we get off to the fast start.

Well if this were ESPN Classic Boxing and "down goes Frazier, down goes Frazier" maybe we could. But it's baseball and it's the whole damn process of 27 outs.