White Sox vs Red Sox - 8/13/05

BigSqwert

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 05:29 PM)
I was thinking today at work the following:  We've been really struggling at maintaining our early leads lately.  Quite a few times, we've jumped ahead to a quick 3 or 4 run lead, only for the opposition to make the game close during the middle innings.  I'm not sure what the reason is, but we need to just put the team away when we get off to the fast start.

Funny, i was thinking the exact same thing today. Either our starters pitch better in close games, or the other team is trying to go yard every ab in a close game, and when down by a big margin don't try and do too much :huh:

Edited by CYGarland

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 07:27 PM)
Memo to you, Sears Optical.

NOW.

She has a big nose and a long face. There were at least 20 other babes there last night that were way better. The place is full of babes. We were eating in the downstairs nightclub area. Look at the riverwalk area on the site. Thats where we were. Probably one of the hottest spots to go and look at poon. Wife likes the Sushi.

Remember when people on this board were predicting that we shouldnt be worried about Boston because their pitching staff isnt good and good pitching beats good hitting.

Well our pitching outside of 1 game hasnt shut down their good hitting so far.

The road to the WS goes through Boston. Hopefully the Angels win the WC and we face them in the first round. We can walk Vlad. And let the Bosox and A's beat up on each other.

QUOTE(quickman @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 07:34 PM)
She has a big nose and a long face. There were at least 20 other babes there last night that were way better. The place is full of babes. We were eating in the downstairs nightclub area. Look at the riverwalk area on the site. Thats where we were. Probably one of the hottest spots to go and look at poon. Wife likes the Sushi.

trendy....ewwwwwwww

:P

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 07:34 PM)
The road to the WS goes through Boston.  Hopefully the Angels win the WC and we face them in the first round.  We can walk Vlad.  And let the Bosox and A's beat up on each other.

I'd put my money that what you said is going to be the playoff matchups, which work out for us.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 06:34 PM)
Remember when people on this board were predicting that we shouldnt be worried about Boston because their pitching staff isnt good and good pitching beats good hitting.

Well our pitching outside of 1 game hasnt shut down their good hitting so far.

The road to the WS goes through Boston.  Hopefully the Angels win the WC and we face them in the first round.  We can walk Vlad.  And let the Bosox and A's beat up on each other.

The Angels can score runs and have decent pitching.. not to mention a great bullpen. We need to hit or like D.J. says... Bye, bye

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 07:36 PM)
The Angels can score runs and have decent pitching.. not to mention a great bullpen. We need to hit or like D.J. says... Bye, bye

the angels are the most beatable team IMO

QUOTE(quickman @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 06:34 PM)

Ozzie likes Suchi.

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 12:36 AM)

If we hit like we have the last few weeks, we're not winning a series.

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 05:36 PM)

The angels offense hasn't been much better than ours, and there Bp has been getting lit up lately. I'll take my chances w/ them over Oakland or Boston in the 1st round.

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 07:36 PM)

We have a better pen, better rotation, and score more runs.

Joe Crede is batting .100 in the month of August. Yes .100.

Dye is batting a lovely .211. I think he has gone critical again.

Pods is batting .190

As a team we are batting .231 in the month of August. Our OBP is now .298.

I wonder why we have been having problems scoring runs.

She had tight long jeans and a sleevleess top. her ahir is exactly as it is in people magazine. Big deal, you can have her.

Wait, so you told the wife that Vince Vaughn likes to sleep with men, right? The old "the best defense is a good offense" approach, right?