White Sox vs Red Sox - 8/13/05

BigSqwert

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 12:38 AM)
Joe Crede is batting .100 in the month of August.  Yes .100. 

Dye is batting a lovely  .211.  I think he has gone critical again.

Pods is batting .190

As a team we are batting .231 in the month of August.  Our OBP is now .298. 

I wonder why we have been having problems scoring runs.

Yet we don't need offensive help according to Hawk! The scary thing about our offensive struggles is that Iguchi and PK, as well as AJP, have been terrific the last month or so.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 06:39 PM)
Yet we don't need offensive help according to Hawk!  The scary thing about our offensive struggles is that Iguchi and PK, as well as AJP, have been terrific the last month or so.

I have seen teams where a guy or two get cold. But not entire groups of our players at once.

This is mays offensive struggles all over again.

Hopefully they pick up someone. Or we are toast in the playoffs.

Ok, I'm ready to get bashed for being negative, but am I the only one who feels like we're just trying to survive the rest of the season with our lead? In a way, we're playing not to lose? I just get the sense that Ozzie is praying we can just coast the rest of the way without it becoming a race.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 06:39 PM)
Yet we don't need offensive help according to Hawk!  The scary thing about our offensive struggles is that Iguchi and PK, as well as AJP, have been terrific the last month or so.

Hawk is silent again tonight on his "where would he play" BS regarding Griffey. He actually started popping that off in a game Timo was batting fifth as a DH.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 06:40 PM)
I have seen teams where a guy or two get cold.  But not entire groups of our players at once. 

Hopefully they pick up someone.  Or we are toast in the playoffs.

Sad but true.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 12:41 AM)
Hawk is silent again tonight on his "where would he play" BS regarding Griffey. He actually started popping that off in a game Timo was batting fifth as a DH.

He's also become very silent with his Crede for Gold Glove campaign.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 07:40 PM)
I have seen teams where a guy or two get cold.  But not entire groups of our players at once. 

Hopefully they pick up someone.  Or we are toast in the playoffs.

think about this.

you said they had may struggles, so that's implying that DIDN'T have june/july struggles. A team can have a bad month.

The playoffs are all about who's hot at the moment. We've seen this team click.....don't be so sure of failure.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 07:38 PM)
Am I the only one who thinks the Yankees will win the Wild Card over the Angels?

Fathom what is really scary as I look at your posts is that we think exactly alike. I think the Yankees will come on, but despite that, I think we do not have the depth to go along way in the playoffs. New York in playoff time is different than regular season, so is boston. Did I mention we need Griffey. Thought so.

And if they got him he'd sing a different tune. He is, after all, an employee of the White Sox. It really isn't so surprising that he'd defend what they do, or don't do.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 06:41 PM)
Ok, I'm ready to get bashed for being negative, but am I the only one who feels like we're just trying to survive the rest of the season with our lead?  In a way, we're playing not to lose?  I just get the sense that Ozzie is praying we can just coast the rest of the way without it becoming a race.

Ozzie can only do with what he has in his stable. In regards to that.. Timo needs to be turned to glue and get a Bat with some pop in there.

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 07:39 PM)
Wait, so you told the wife that Vince Vaughn likes to sleep with men, right?  The old "the best defense is a good offense" approach, right?

Actually vaughn was suppose to show up but didn't He probably found somebody better looking. Stop yourself she is not that great.Just ask my buddy Brad

QUOTE(SnB @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 06:42 PM)
think about this.

you said they had may struggles, so that's implying that DIDN'T have june/july struggles.  A team can have a bad month. 

The playoffs are all about who's hot at the moment.  We've seen this team click.....don't be so sure of failure.

They couldnt hit in April or May. They hit well in June and July. And now they cant hit in August.

In June and July they had this guy named Thomas that got on base, and got the guys behind him some better pitches to hit.