White Sox vs Red Sox - 8/13/05

BigSqwert

KW is definitely aggressive. The other thing is other organizations may not have a very high opinion of our minor leaguers.

Yes, totally agree. Every team hypes their prospects, the Sox are no exception.

s***, I hyped Brian Anderson too, and I hope he's good, but I have seen him play and he is not a difference maker at this point.

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 07:04 PM)
He - would - be - sitting - on - the - bench - fathom.

Six years from now you'd be worried about Anderson leaving, and complaining that his FA year came up too early because he got called up with a 12.5 game lead.

Brian Anderson is no savior.  He'll be up in 2.5 weeks anyways.

We can only hope we'd be b****ing about Brian Anderson leaving in 6 years.

I was talking about bringing up Anderson if Pods injury lingers like Everett's did for a week or so.  If Pods can go on Monday, then you just wait until the September call-ups.

What you say here is new information, I didn't see you comment on the injury factor previously, only that Anderson should be brought up.

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 01:07 AM)
What you say here is new information, I didn't see you comment on the injury factor previously, only that Anderson should be brought up.

No, I brought it up in regards to not having to use Timo and Ozuna to be playing a weeks worth of games if Pods is out.

The fact is, we should not be talking about Brian Anderson, unless it's an emergency. If there's an emergency in the next two weeks, it will be Borchard like it or not.

They need a dangerous bat, not a 23 yr. old with 100+ K's in AAA. Not to discredit Anderson but they need somebody just a little more dangerous.

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 07:09 PM)
The fact is, we should not be talking about Brian Anderson, unless it's an emergency.  If there's an emergency in the next two weeks, it will be Borchard like it or not.

They need a dangerous bat, not a 23 yr. old with 100+ K's in AAA.  Not to discredit Anderson but they need somebody just a little more dangerous.

You're right. Brian Anderson is not the answer in 2005. I would take Dmitri Young at this point.

For your playoff contenders

In the month of August

Cleveland has a .322 Team BA

Boston is batting .317

Angels are batting .281

Yankees are .269

Oakland .273

And your Chicago Whitesox are batting .231.

And for pitching

Oakland has a 2.74 ERA

Chicago has a 3.12 ERA

Cleveland has a 3.70 ERA

Angels are 3.25 ERA

Yanks who we couldnt hit has a 4.08 ERA

Bosox have a 5.26 ERA

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 07:51 PM)
I dislike Ozzie's managing, everyone knows that.  However, am I the only one who is just dumbfounded by his managing the last month or so?

nope I hate Ozzie too , been vocal, but he gets lucky so I am silenced.

For your playoff contenders

In the month of August

Cleveland has a .322 Team BA

Boston is batting .317

Angels are batting .281

Yankees are .269

Oakland .273

And your Chicago Whitesox are batting .231.

I remember when people here were saying Cleveland's offense was overrated, that all their guys had career years in 2004. I felt like a lone wolf, nothing new.

Those guys can hit and in general, they have good eyes at the plate. Something the Sox should scout and draft. Which I think they are finally starting to do. The kid 2B from Michigan they drafted ... Getz ... first taste of pro ball and way more walks than K's. Encouraging. They should have done that 5 years ago.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 01:14 AM)
Bring back Magglio.

I find it funny how people were against trade proposals thrown out by some people on this board involving A. Soriano or A. Dunn. Those two guys would look great in this lineup.