White Sox vs Red Sox - 8/13/05

BigSqwert

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 01:43 AM)
I've never compared the two.  If you're referring to me making the comparison, I was just responding to your statement about the two having similar slugging percentages.

BTW -- Young is slugging almost .550 in a pitchers paradise, while Borchard is slugging .470 (approx) in a hitter's park.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 01:47 AM)
BTW -- Young is slugging almost .550 in a pitchers paradise, while Borchard is slugging .470 (approx) in a hitter's park.

No s***. I read the same reports that you do. However, in regards to this season, Borchard would be the guy who gets called up. That's why we were talking about him.

QUOTE(GBlum27 @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 08:33 PM)
Really?  How closely do you follow them, just out curiosity?

listen, we could go tit for tat all night, let me know when the great Wes whisler or the great tyler Lumsden makes it. Or how about those terrific catching prospects we got last year. s*** those guys are great, and the great Kris Honel. The last 4 years or so we really don't have much nor do I see stud in the making and I am including Jeremy Reed who everyone thought was the next great thing. No thanks, by the way Mcarthy will be a 4 or 5 not an ace. Come back to me in two years. We will see how everything turns out. The lotto has odds about the same as these guys making it big in the pros. Oh by the way Crede blows too. Remember he was going to be our all star third baseman. The next Bill Melton. I just love how we developed those great shortstops the past 10 years, and the great second baseman, since Durham. You would think by accident we could have found a catcher. But no. and this draft holy s***, this draft really knocked my socks off.We will contin ue this conversation in a couple of years.

bTW the official site is saying Podsednik to the DL is possible, and management or scouts are telling Guillen that Jerry Owens is ready, but Guillen doesn't think he is.

So apparantly they're looking at Owens if Pods is out. We'll see how it goes. Guillen wants a leadoff guy.

QUOTE(quickman @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 01:48 AM)
listen, we could go tit for tat all night, let me know when the great Wes whisler or the great tyler Lumsden makes it. Or how about those terrific catching prospects we got last year. s*** those guys are great, and the great Kris Honel. The last 4 years or so we really don't have much nor do I see  stud in the making and I am including Jeremy Reed who everyone thought was the next great thing. No thanks, by the way Mcarthy will be a 4 or 5 not an ace. Come back to me in two years. We will see how everything turns out. The lotto has odds about the same as these guys making it big in the pros. Oh by the way Crede blows too. Remember he was going to be our all star third baseman. The next Bill Melton. I just love how we developed those great shortstops the past 10 years, and the great second baseman, since Durham. You would think by accident we could have found a catcher. But no. and this draft holy s***, this draft really knocked my socks off.We will contin ue this conversation in a couple of years.

Don't quit your day job...

QUOTE(quickman @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 08:48 PM)
listen, we could go tit for tat all night, let me know when the great Wes whisler or the great tyler Lumsden makes it. Or how about those terrific catching prospects we got last year. s*** those guys are great, and the great Kris Honel. The last 4 years or so we really don't have much nor do I see  stud in the making and I am including Jeremy Reed who everyone thought was the next great thing. No thanks, by the way Mcarthy will be a 4 or 5 not an ace. Come back to me in two years. We will see how everything turns out. The lotto has odds about the same as these guys making it big in the pros. Oh by the way Crede blows too. Remember he was going to be our all star third baseman. The next Bill Melton. I just love how we developed those great shortstops the past 10 years, and the great second baseman, since Durham. You would think by accident we could have found a catcher. But no. and this draft holy s***, this draft really knocked my socks off.We will contin ue this conversation in a couple of years.

Why must you mention everyone that isn't work out?

Not Young, Sweeney, Anderson, Gio, Haigwood, Owens, BMac, Liotta, Valido, Haeger, Rogo, and Tracey?

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 01:50 AM)
bTW the official site is saying Podsednik to the DL is possible, and management or scouts are telling Guillen that Jerry Owens is ready, but Guillen doesn't think he is.

So apparantly they're looking at Owens if Pods is out.  We'll see how it goes.  Guillen wants a leadoff guy.

Holy s***, we're screwed if Pods goes on the DL. Did he re-injure himself last night or something? At least I'd rather see Owens than Timo on a daily basis. Griffey Jr......your table is waiting!

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 08:36 PM)
I find it hard to believe that he hates you. That just made me laugh reading all the people down in the dumps about the team and you start talking about hot moms.

TQ, how can you dislike Jim?

jims my hero. I wish I knew as much about baseball, women, life, beer, food, cars,(oops not cars) as Jim. PS T-bay winning 5-0.