White Sox vs Red Sox - 8/13/05

BigSqwert

Hawk mentioned earlier that there was talk Boston may release Bellhorn. He can play all the infield positions, and while striking out often he does draw a lot of walks and can hit it over the wall. KW needs to do something. This team is going to have a very difficult time in the playoffs. The first round is either going to be against Boston or a West Coast team in all likelyhood. Strange things have happened against Oakland and Boston this year. And the Sox have had a recent history of struggling in Anaheim.

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 05:05 PM)
Crede sure seems like the rally starter for Boston.  Ozzie sure must have a tough time decided who to play at 3b, with both Crede and Blum tearing the cover off of the ball.

Crede IS bad luck vs. Boston. I wouldn't mind sitting him tomorrow, and if we play them in the playoffs for that matter.

This is absolutely why you have Adkins on your team.  I do disagree about saying Garland hasn't been making bad pitches.  He's looked like s*** tonight, and everything is up in the zone.

Well he's made some bad pitches but he's made some good ones too. The pitches he made to Ramirez, 99% of the guys in the league are out, and he finally got a single. He's not on his A game for sure.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 12:06 AM)
Hawk mentioned earlier that there was talk Boston may release Bellhorn. He can play all the infield positions, and while striking out often he does draw a lot of walks and can hit it over the wall. KW needs to do something. This team is going to have a very difficult time in the playoffs. The first round is either going to be against Boston or a West Coast team in all likelyhood. Strange things have happened against Oakland and Boston this year. And the Sox have had a recent history of struggling in Anaheim.

Pass! He's terrible on defense, and his numbers weren't the same after steroid testing. Bellhorn needs to be on a team where they appreciate walks. No chance in hell that happens with the Sox.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 12:06 AM)
Crede IS bad luck vs. Boston. I wouldn't mind sitting him tomorrow, and if we play them in the playoffs for that matter.

If Crede is playing vs Clement instead of Blum tomorrow, I'll be very disappointed. One of the reasons I thought we got Blum was for games against tough righties.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 06:53 PM)
Can Hawk go one game without trying to say how great the Sox are compared to other teams?  It's almost like he's trying to convince himself that this team is better than the Yanks or Red Sox.

I have said it for months and continue to do so, we need better players. Griffey would fit in very nicely in this lineup. Everyone is so worried about who gets playing time. Players get hurt and they get dinged up. If Perez and Ozuna are the backup outfielders we WILL not succeed in the playoffs. Teams in a position like ours need to position themselves well for the playoff roster.

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 05:07 PM)
Well he's made some bad pitches but he's made some good ones too.  The pitches he made to Ramirez, 99% of the guys in the league are out, and he finally got a single.  He's not on his A game for sure.

No doubt the Ump has screwed him on a couple close calls, but his ball has NO movement tonite.

I have said it for months and continue to do so, we need better players. Griffey would fit in very nicely in this lineup. Everyone is so worried about who gets playing time. Players get hurt and they get dinged up. If Perez and Ozuna are the backup outfielders we WILL not succeed in the playoffs. Teams in a position like ours need to position themselves well for the playoff roster.

What are you doing home? We almost did the Door, but decided to get a 30 pack of Miller High Life instead. I am on #3, you know that's about my limit.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 06:08 PM)
Pass!  He's terrible on defense, and his numbers weren't the same after steroid testing.  Bellhorn needs to be on a team where they appreciate walks.  No chance in hell that happens with the Sox.

I think he's better than Blum.

They still need a pain in the ass hitter, that is not Bellhorn. Or, get someone who is feared, that would be Griffey. I don't see it happening but I hope I'm wrong.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 07:09 PM)
If Crede is playing vs Clement instead of Blum tomorrow, I'll be very disappointed.  One of the reasons I thought we got Blum was for games against tough righties.

I thought it was for his .111 AL Average

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 12:12 AM)
They still need a pain in the ass hitter, that is not Bellhorn. Or, get someone who is feared, that would be Griffey.  I don't see it happening but I hope I'm wrong.

The thing I wonder about is if Ozzie and KW have the balls to shake this team up. With Everett swinging well, it might be hard for KW to make a move. However, with Pods struggling with injuries, and Dye showing signs of being in a massive slump like he was to start the season, it wouldn't be a bad thing to add another OF/DH. Timo is not the answer to the back-up position!

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 05:13 PM)
The thing I wonder about is if Ozzie and KW have the balls to shake this team up.  With Everett swinging well, it might be hard for KW to make a move.  However, with Pods struggling with injuries, and Dye showing signs of being in a massive slump like he was to start the season, it wouldn't be a bad thing to add another OF/DH.  Timo is not the answer to the back-up position!

I'm scared s***less if anyone in the middle of our lineup goes down for an extended period. Not only does Griffey bolster our lineup and our Bench, but he is VERY good insurance as well.