White Sox vs Red Sox - 8/13/05

BigSqwert

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 07:10 PM)
What are you doing home?  We almost did the Door, but decided to get a 30 pack of Miller High Life instead.  I am on #3, you know that's about my limit.

out last night, wife dragged me to japanoi for over priced rice balls. Jennifer Aniston was sitting at the table/couch thing next to us. made My wifes night. I could care less. I told her her if she was so great Pitt would not have dumped her. She thought that was a bit incensitive. By the way we will get swept this weekend because we ran into a better team. We are great against teams that suck. If we play them in the playoffs we will get squashed. Get Griffey we might have a shot.

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Memo to White Sox pitching: Please make these good hitting teams move their feet in the batters box. There is no sin to backing them off the plate. Ortiz goes up there like he's in one of quickman's lounge chairs at the beach.

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 12:19 AM)
Memo to White Sox pitching:  Please make these good hitting teams move their feet in the batters box.  There is no sin to backing them off the plate.  Ortiz goes up there like he's in one of quickman's lounge chairs at the beach.

That's exactly why I'm scared of the Red Sox in the playoffs. We've shown no ability to get these hitters off-balanced. The scary thing is that Damon has been pretty non-existent against the Sox.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 12:19 AM)
Okay now I'm really scared for our World Series lives. Two best guys going to the bump and they both lose. Our offense isn't giving us anything tonight. Just horrible.

You know my answer to this question by now.

out last night, wife dragged me to japanoi for over priced rice balls. Jennifer Aniston was sitting at the table/couch thing next to us. made My wifes night. .

Japonais, the joint on south Wabash or is it on restaurant row over there on Randolph?

Aniston ... how did she look, short skirt per chance? Hot?

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 07:12 PM)
Since Thomas got injured, our bench is just awful.  We have no power on the bench at all, something that could be important if the Sox make the playoffs.

or if DYE or Everett go down. It could happen easily. We screwed up, we needed to make a better trade. I hate all that bulls*** about chemistry. What crap. Build the team to win the damn world series, and if everyone did there damn job the chemistry would be fine. We had great chemistry in 2000, and we literally fell apart at the end. same will happen this year if we don't get help.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 06:19 PM)
Okay now I'm really scared for our World Series lives. Two best guys going to the bump and they both lose. Our offense isn't giving us anything tonight. Just horrible.

Haven't you heard? Good pitching will always defeat good hitting--except when it applies to games such as tonight. Then the excuses turn to how great of a hitting lineup Boston has.

No one can admit they're not concerned how Garland and Buehlre have pitched these last two games.

QUOTE(quickman @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 12:22 AM)
or if DYE or Everett go down. It could happen easily. We screwed up, we needed to make a better trade. I hate all that bulls*** about chemistry. What crap. Build the team to win the damn world series, and if everyone did there damn job the chemistry would be fine. We had great chemistry in 2000, and we literally fell apart at the end. same will happen this year if we don't get help.

The 2 most replaceable guys on our offense are Timo and Ozuna. The problem is, those are two of Ozzie's favorites that can do no wrong. We need to make some upgrades, but it's harder to do when there's no one you feel you can "replace".

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 07:21 PM)
Japonais, the joint on south Wabash or is it on restaurant row over there on Randolph?

Aniston ... how did she look, short skirt per chance?  Hot?

its on chicago http://www.japonaischicago.com/index2.html she looked alright, I don't think she is good looking so I am a bad judge. Looked the same in person as on screen.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 12:23 AM)
Haven't you heard? Good pitching will always defeat good hitting--except when it applies to games such as tonight. Then the excuses turn to how great of a hitting lineup Boston has.

No one can admit they're not concerned how Garland and Buehlre have pitched these last two games.

I'm just happy we found a way to win two games in NY where we hit like s***.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 06:23 PM)

Only 1 top 10 pitching staff (team) has won the World series in last 15 years.