8/13 Games

danman31

BMac with a 7 inning CG shutout. Think he's figured out AAA hitters yet? Gload with a HR, Anderson 1-3 with a run. Knights 7, Braves 0

Haeger also fires a CG shutout. Young from the leadoff spot had no official ABs, just 4 walks, 3 runs, SB. I love him. Barons 6, Stars 0

Rodriguez fires a CG shutout (7 innings due to doubleheader). Schnur 2-3 with a HR. Warthogs 6, Keys 0

Game 2: Valido 2-4. Moat rocked.Keys 11, Warthogs 4

Cook 3-5, HR. Getz, Hansen 2 hits each. Brooks with a very meh start.BlueClaws 6, Intimidators 3

Hernandez 4-5, he's on fire. HRs for Allen, Schmidt, and Castillo. Richard with a so-so start. Sox 9, Raptors 3

Cunningham and Welker both 2-4 with a HR. Sanchez, Acosta, Tavares 2 hits each. Sox 7, Astros 1

Edited by danman31

Barons 6 Huntsville 0

W- Haeger CG (5-1) L-Habel

Wow Charlie Haeger was outstanding when he got behind in the counts he could still pitch out of them. Many of the Huntsville batters after there AB were over threw the helmets in frusteration. The 5 Stars hits 3 were broken bat bloops and infield singles. Chris Young out of the leadoff spot drew 4 walks had a very contested steal of 3rd and scored 3 times. Darren Blakely had a 3-3 night 2 run Bomb and RBI double and RBI single.

QUOTE(farmteam @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 04:43 PM)
JA Happ?  He's pretty good.  I saw him duel Glen Perkins (Twins, 1st round) last year.  Good curveball, good movement, IIRC.

2nd round pick out of Northwestern. I've been following him because of that and he's been pretty solid. He was hurt so he hasn't seen much work this year, but he has had only success as a pro.

Edited by danman31

So yeah..... McCarthy DOESN'T suck. Just wanted to point that out to my fellow SoxTalk users. Good to see no walks, must be getting a handle on that change a lot better now.

And I'm going to jump on the Aaron Cunningham bandwagon too soon, he just keeps on hitting down at Bristol. Get him to Kanny.

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 04:39 AM)
Barons 6  Huntsville 0

W- Haeger CG (5-1) L-Habel

Wow Charlie Haeger was outstanding when he got behind in the counts he could still pitch out of them.  Many of the Huntsville batters after there AB were over threw the helmets in frusteration.  The 5 Stars hits 3 were broken bat bloops and infield singles.  Chris Young out of the leadoff spot drew 4 walks had a very contested steal of 3rd and scored 3 times.  Darren Blakely had a 3-3 night 2 run Bomb and RBI double and RBI single.

Haeger was good tonight. Never having seen a knuckleballer up close, I really have nothing to base a comparison or opinion on how good he can be. Can he be a Major Leaguer? I have no earthly idea. That is why it is fun watching him pitch.

The best thing about Young tonight was watching him fly around the bases and score from 1B on a double down the LF line. He also went back and got a ball in CF that I thought was over his head. He plays a very shallow CF and isn't afraid to go back to get it.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 06:29 AM)
Tom, I assume Haeger just throws a knuckler and a fastball?  Or does he mix in a curveball, a la Tim Wakefield?  And, how hard does his fastball normally clock in at?

Tom, correct me if I am wrong, but all I saw tonight was a 73-74mph fastball and a knuckleball around 60-63.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 01:37 AM)
Tom, correct me if I am wrong, but all I saw tonight was a 73-74mph fastball and a knuckleball around 60-63.

You are right, Rex did you notice all of the thrown helmets after the Huntsville AB's that was a frusterated team.

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 01:55 AM)
Yep and a few road games as well.

Cool bud... just wanan know who you think is ready to move up or maybe even ready for the ML's ? Do any of them make it seem easy down there is what im asking?

QUOTE(daa84 @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 09:57 AM)
unfortunately it could be for the reds

Dont understand why the Reds would want another OF, they have a overload of them now up on there 40 man roster. They also have a couple of good prospects in there minors.

I have my doubts anyone from AA will get called up to Chicago when the rosters expand. As talented as this team is in terms of prospects, keep in mind that it is also relatively young, at least in terms of experience.

I think you have already seen the lone callup from AA in Bobby Jenks.

I have my doubts anyone from AA will get called up to Chicago when the rosters expand.  As talented as this team is in terms of prospects, keep in mind that it is also relatively young, at least in terms of experience.

I think you have already seen the lone callup from AA in Bobby Jenks.

Do you see Owenes as able to get on base at .400 clip? I know his LF skills are fine.