We need promotions like this

Rex Kickass

From the Detroit News...

Mike Veeck, the marketing person behind the St. Paul (Minn.) Saints and Tigers, is making news in St. Paul with some wacky promotions.

The Saints, an independent team, have scheduled a Randy Moss Hood Ornament Night on Aug. 16, celebrating an incident last year when Moss, a Vikings receiver, drove two blocks with a traffic-control officer on the hood of his car.

The Saints have a number of other wacky promotions, including one that is a natural for the Tigers -- Guaranteed Loss Night.

The others are: Cow Appreciation Night (June 10), Christmas Tree Giveaway (July 9) and St. Paul -- the real saint -- Bobblehead Night (July 14).

The Saints' promotions are in relatively good taste. Some other teams' aren't.

The Bisbee-Douglass Copper Kings of the Arizona-Mexico League will hold Ted Williams Night on June 3. The First 500 fans get a Popsicle. Williams' body was frozen after his death.

The Class A Quad City River Bandits have decided to call off their "Larry Eustachy's Iowa State Night at the Ballpark." It featured a kissing booth and $1 beer. Eustachy, who resigned Monday as Iowa State men's basketball coach, recently admitted he is an alcoholic, after photos of him partying with Missouri students were published.

Dog Day is stupid. Need proof? It draws Ronnie Woo-Woo to USCF. That's enough for me to cancel it.

I'd do the sleepover if they let you swing at a few balls or play catch. I heard they don't allow you too. That would be a real drawing point for me.

The way the Sox are playing right now, do they have to promote a "Guaranteed Loss Night?" :headbang

mike veeck have a great promotion idea last year the sox could capitalize on....zero attendance night...for the first 5 innings of the game no one was allowed int he park..so the game was played in front of no fans...they had tailgating and live music outside the park..then in the 6th inning they opened the gates and let everyone in for free..

thats kind of a cool promotion imo

mike veeck have a great promotion idea last year the sox could capitalize on....zero attendance night...for the first 5 innings of the game no one was allowed int he park..so the game was played in front of no fans...they had tailgating and live music outside the park..then in the 6th inning they opened the gates and let everyone in for free..

thats kind of a cool promotion imo

Heck some of the weather we have had lately, we have almost had zero attendance night, without even trying! :P

Dog Day is stupid. Need proof? It draws Ronnie Woo-Woo to USCF. That's enough for me to cancel it. 

I'd do the sleepover if they let you swing at a few balls or play catch. I heard they don't allow you too. That would be a real drawing point for me.

The way the Sox are playing right now, do they have to promote a "Guaranteed Loss Night?"  :headbang

I heard that chick from thr promo dept on the telecast the other day saying you could play catch.

The way the Sox are playing right now, do they have to promote a "Guaranteed Loss Night?"  :headbang

Get a partial ticket plan and you can go to the season ticket holder party and play catch.

You can also pick up the dugout phones, and pretend you are the manager and KW is calling to tell you what to do. Then yell "f*** Off AssFace!" and hang up.

Last year I flopped around on the ground in leftfield to get the same perspective that C.Lee does most games.

Then I sat in the sox dugout for 3 hours to see what life was like for Jeff Liefer.

Get a partial ticket plan and you can go to the season ticket holder party and play catch.

You can also pick up the dugout phones, and pretend you are the manager and KW is calling to tell you what to do. Then yell "f*** Off AssFace!" and hang up.

Last year I flopped around on the ground in leftfield to get the same perspective that C.Lee does most games.

Then I sat in the sox dugout for 3 hours to see what life was like for Jeff Liefer.

LMAO! Did you stand on the mound and whip your head towards left field repeatedly to see how Billy Koch sees the game? :lolhitting

LOL! :lol:

I heard that chick from thr promo dept on the telecast the other day saying you could play catch.

Ya i believe you can this year because there is no game the next day like there was last year, so they dont' have to take care of the field. If i went i'd throw a simulated game in one of the bullpens.