Pods might go on the DL

southsideirish71

QUOTE('94WorldChamps @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 12:36 AM)
He better be.  Or we in trooooble.

Welcome to SoxTalk!

Like Ozzie is saying, if this is something Pods has been dealing with. It's better for him to go on the DL now, and get right for later versus it being a problem later, when we really need him.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just some stats for our minor league hitters (I'm on the promote Anderson before September bandwagon BTW);

Anderson - .297/.363/.478

Borchard - .261/.333/.467

Owens - .340/.400/.404

Young - .278/.366/.548

Sweeney - .285/.348/.352

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 04:18 AM)
If Pods goes on the DL, that's when KW has to shine.  There's not a doubt in my mind that KW knows Timo shouldn't be an everyday player.  If we don't feel like there's a player we can call up in the minors to help our team, then he needs to go acquire a hitter.

I'm hesitant to jump on the Owens bandwagon, which is ironic, because I picked him as my 'sleeper' early this season.

His OBP is way too AVG heavy for me to get excited about him being a leadoff hitter, and his IsO Power is like .060, which isn't very good either.

Still a nice pickup by Williams, but I'm with DBaho -- future fourth outfielder.

Also interesting that Ray Durham has been out the last 2 games, only pinch hitting one time. Now his is a bat I could see the sox getting as Pods insurance. He could hit leadoff and move to the 3 hole when Pods returns.

SF hasn't been happy with Ray. Now would be a good time to move him, as he likely would pass through waivers

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 10:31 AM)
All of you guys wanting to crucify Ozzie for sitting Pods a lot lately, really need to start apologizing... as usual, Ozzie had his reasons, and many had no clue.

They still don't have a clue. Oh well.

how about anderson in left, ozuna at third leading off? anderson is an upgrade over crede on O, and will be better than anyone else we throw out there on D. give crede some rest, and maybe shift ozuna to SS or 2b here and there to give the others a day off.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 04:12 PM)
how about anderson in left, ozuna at third leading off? anderson is an upgrade over crede on O, and will be better than anyone else we throw out there on D. give crede some rest, and maybe shift ozuna to SS or 2b here and there to give the others a day off.

Ozuna can't play 3b, end of story. There's no need to stress the leadoff position so much. If the guy is a below average hitter like Timo, then we're just putting our 2-3-4 hitters at a disadvantage. Lets just go with our 9 best possible hitters to fill the lineup, and see how that goes.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 09:31 AM)
All of you guys wanting to crucify Ozzie for sitting Pods a lot lately, really need to start apologizing... as usual, Ozzie had his reasons, and many had no clue.

I kind of knew he was injured. In the beginning of the season, he ran full speed and you could notice it. Ever since he first had the injury problem, it seemed like he was running tenderly and it never looked like he was really digging hard around the bases. That's another reason why he hasn't been so successful recently at stealing bases.

QUOTE(sircaffey @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 07:21 AM)
Rowand to lead off then?  I can't imagine Ozzie using Pablo or Timo at leadoff for any extended period of time.  Also, Pablo sucks.  Timo>>Pablo.  If Pablo slaps another weak grounder to 2B again, I may throwup.

I can imagine it and I can see him using Timo there. For cripes sakes he's willing to hit Timo in the 5th spot. :headshake

as usual, Ozzie had his reasons, and many had no clue.

Meh, Ozzie's "reasons" are usually as arbitrary as they are back-firey. The man is a moron - just look and listen to him, then watch his manage. :lol:

Luckily, the pitching is manager-proof at this moment, so we're well positioned to win. But I am sure he'll run the arms into the ground sooner than later.

QUOTE('94WorldChamps @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 10:38 AM)
Meh, Ozzie's "reasons" are usually as arbitrary as they are back-firey. The man is a moron - just look and listen to him, then watch his manage. :lol:   

Luckily, the pitching is manager-proof at this moment, so we're well positioned to win.  But I am sure he'll run the arms into the ground sooner than later.

Daver eh