Gamethread sunday vs sawx 8/14/05

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you talking about Uribe?  If so, yes, I agree with you.  He's staying on the pitch a lot longer now, and while he still have his bad swings, he's driving the ball to the opposite more.

First come the foul liners into the seats, like yesterday. Then come the soft line-outs to RF. Then come the gappers and one-hoppers.

Then again, he's fooled us plenty in the past, you know, let's wait until he gets back to .260 first.

QUOTE('94WorldChamps @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 02:58 PM)
Is it me, or has Uribe leveled his swing just a tad and is finally letting the ball get a little deeper on him?

The timing isn't there yet - witness the numerous hard-hit foul balls down RF line last night, but I'll take anything I can get from that doofus.

I agree, he's doing something different lately-- lots of balls going to RF. Maybe the light bulb finally went off?

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 08:01 PM)
lol...so I suppose you would rather have that butcher Ozune at third.

Against tough righties like Clement, Blum should be at 3rd base, with Iguchi at 2nd base. Ozuna should never play 3b, unless in an emergency.

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 02:11 PM)
So if they call the game do we have the restart at 0-0 when we play it on a later date?

If they call this game, I doubt we make it up unless Boston is up or down .5 game on someone the last day.

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 01:12 PM)
If they call this game, I doubt we make it up unless Boston is up or down .5 game on someone the last day.

I doubt they will call it, unless it doesn't stop raining for another 4 hours or so

Anyone catch Farmer's story about the red-tailed hawk?

He was talking about how he was playing golf and a large red-tailed hawk perched on a tree to his right. He said it was large and that it "disturbed the branch" on which it was sitting. Farmer then said that the hawk was "looking for Mr. Squirrel". Rooney asked if he found Mr. Squirrel; Farmer replied that "Mr. Squirrel went for a ride."

I love these guys.

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 01:20 PM)
They might because the red sox need to fly to detriot and we need to fly to chicago.

those are only 1-2 hour flights. I'm sure they will try to get at least 5 innings in if possible.