Gamethread sunday vs sawx 8/14/05

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 11:49 PM)
More rain is forming right on Boston. Unless they want to wait 2 or 3 more hours, today's offensive explosion will not count.

If today doesn't count, I will still be very pleased with what happened this entire week. A 12.5 lead in the division after playing at NYY and Boston, while Cleveland played KC and Tampa, is something to be happy about.

QUOTE(SnB @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 11:51 PM)
just go out and play an inning jeeesh

they have all week to fix up fenway

Yep, and so would the doctors if one of the players go out there and break an ankle, etc. Maybe it's in our best interest to not finish this game, especially with the amount of work the bullpen would have to give.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 05:52 PM)
Yep, and so would the doctors if one of the players go out there and break an ankle, etc.  Maybe it's in our best interest to not finish this game, especially with the amount of work the bullpen would have to give.

this will be the best if the Yankees and Red Sox are close near the end of September and they have to make-up this game. ESPN would spend so much time crying that the White Sox would likely be fielding a AAA team due to already clinching the division.

There would be a lot of the "White Sox owe it to baseball to field their best lineup"

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE(GBlum27 @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 11:58 PM)
Mother f***ers, it can't rain yesterday when they are up but theres a torrential downpour when we are playing great.  :headbang

When's the last time the Sox caught a break with the rain, in regards to the outcome of the game? I can remember a few games the past few seasons where we were losing, and the game was called after 5 or 6 innings. Then, when we're finally winning, the game gets called. :chair

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 12:01 AM)
Ugh. That blows. Only 6 ahead for homefield, which as we saw this weekend, will be critical to have in the playoffs.

That doesn't really concern me that much. We're not exactly playing stellar baseball at home.

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 07:07 PM)
Sep 5th, 1 pm, in between two home games, ugh

I wouldn't be surprised if this had something to do with Espn not wanting a game going on during their Sunday game

They have a date? Why do we even need to play this game? Let's just play a 161 game season.

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 06:07 PM)
Sep 5th, 1 pm, in between two home games, ugh

I wouldn't be surprised if this had something to do with Espn not wanting a game going on during their Sunday game

They actually re-scheduled this game? Why? I guess it could mean something for Boston around then.