"The" Griffey Rumor

LosMediasBlancas

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 06:45 PM)
But Hawk says we have nowhere to put him in the lineup!!!  :huh

Pods helps our OF be the best defensively in the majors. Hawk is soooooo retarded it's not funny. I know he's trying to downtalk Griffey because KW probably told him it looks like we won't land him, but damn, don't be so f***ing stupid in your comments.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 06:47 PM)
Pods helps our OF be the best defensively in the majors. Hawk is soooooo retarded it's not funny. I know he's trying to downtalk Griffey because KW probably told him it looks like we won't land him, but damn, don't be so f***ing stupid in your comments.

This coming from the guy who declared our pitching staff overrated because Mark and Jon had bad games against the Red Sox.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 06:49 PM)
This coming from the guy who declared our pitching staff overrated because Mark and Jon had bad games against the Red Sox.

I said overrated by people on this board. It's true. Buehrle is seen as a god. He could have a Kerry Wood like career and people will still say he's great. That's how homeristic it's been around here. Everyone is exempt from criticism unless designated sucky by 20 people on this board.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 06:55 PM)
I said overrated by people on this board. It's true. Buehrle is seen as a god. He could have a Kerry Wood like career and people will still say he's great. That's how homeristic it's been around here. Everyone is exempt from criticism unless designated sucky by 20 people on this board.

Correct, this board criticizes absolutely nobody. As a matter of fact I don't think I've ever seen a player bashed or for that fact the best team in baseball has never been bashed on this site either.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 06:59 PM)
Correct, this board criticizes absolutely nobody.  As a matter of fact I don't think I've ever seen a player bashed or for that fact the best team in baseball has never been bashed on this site either.

It's frowned upon as evident by your sarcastic post. You criticize and the first thing that'll come out of this board's mouth, "STFU, we're first in the league...blah blah blah, etc" I don't give a s*** about best record. That's because of what our pitching did in the first half for the most part. No way in hell you could fool anyone into thinking this team is better than the Cardinals, Red Sox, the A's or even the Angels at this moment in time. So f*** that lame ass excuse.

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 08:51 PM)
Potential gold glover ?... gold glovers dont misjudge balls .. Rowand has done that allot this year.  great series vs Yankees.. Gold Glovers do it every series.

Gold glovers do misjudge balls. Ask Torii Hunter about that. He badly misjudged a flyball earlier this year against the White Sox that he should have caught. Instead he moved in quickly and it went over his head for a double. It happens. Rowand has had it happen a couple times, but for the most part he gets excellent reads on flyballs and very good jumps. He has not always been this way. He has worked damn hard to become an excellent defensive centerfielder.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 07:10 PM)
I think Drew is the only person to think that. Your hamstrings are worked the same play any OF position. There are many times in CF in which you have to run hard all the way back or all the way forward. In fact, I would say playing CF takes more toll on your legs and hammy's than playing the other OF positions if anything. I guess since JD Drew says it, it must be true.

I also agree with Mr. Chairman's thoughts on Aaron Rowand.

HA!

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 09:17 PM)
HA!

Ha what? I didn't say I wanted A-Row out of the lineup or out of CF. He's very solid in the OF, but he is not a gold glover IMHO. He's made nice plays for 3 games against the Yanks. He doesn't do that type of stuff every game which seperates good defensive OF's from GG'ers.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 09:19 PM)
Ha what? I didn't say I wanted A-Row out of the lineup or out of CF. He's very solid in the OF, but he is not a gold glover IMHO. He's made nice plays for 3 games against the Yanks. He doesn't do that type of stuff every game which seperates good defensive OF's from GG'ers.

say what you want, and call me someone who doesnt criticize or whatever, but imo rowand is not gold glove calibur, but he IS the next level below. he has made nice plays all year this not just against the yankees. look at his ZR. second on the majors. the arm that he showed last year misled us, as he rushes his throws this year and his arm doesnt look as strong. at any rate you are right, he is not andruw jones or torii hunter. jim edmonds makes stellar plays, but he misplays more balls than aaron does, not sayin aarons a better CF, but edmonds misplays his fair share of balls. in regards to this team.....the first half of the year was absolutely something that couldnt be expected to be repeated in the second half. we were playing over our heads. plain and simple. podsednik really has been a non factor in the second half, and when our lineup turns over, crede/timo/uribe/podsednik has been brutal. throw in ozzie playing blum and konerko everett dye AJ is nothin that blows your socks off (each of those players can be pitched to) we do indeed need KGJr. and hawk is just being dumb and drinking too much koolaid believing this team is on a mission from god

Edited by daa84

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 10:19 PM)

Yeah, you also agreed with a troll but that's cool too.

My stance on Rowand defensively is well documented, the guy will win a GG sometime in the next 3 years, I've watched every game this year plus last year and a lot of them in person. He gets amazing jumps on the ball and has above average closing speed. I don't want to see him diving all over the place in the outfield because a lot of the time it means you got a s*** jump or totally misjudged a ball. Rowand gets to a lot of balls and makes them look easy that others would be diving for. He also has an above average arm but with average to below average accuracy, which is really something he has to work on.

I don't slurp Sox players simply because they play for the Sox, hell I don't even like that many players on the team at this point in time. I have seen Rowand play a lot of CF over the past two seasons along with a little RF last year, he's made amazing strides and is only going to get better.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 09:32 PM)

My stance on Rowand defensively is well documented, the guy will win a GG sometime in the next 3 years, I've watched every game this year plus last year and a lot of them in person. He gets amazing jumps on the ball and has above average closing speed. I don't want to see him diving all over the place in the outfield because a lot of the time it means you got a s*** jump or totally misjudged a ball. Rowand gets to a lot of balls and makes them look easy that others would be diving for. He also has an above average arm but with average to below average accuracy, which is really something he has to work on.

I don't slurp Sox players simply because they play for the Sox, hell I don't even like that many players on the team at this point in time. I have seen Rowand play a lot of CF over the past two seasons along with a little RF last year, he's made amazing strides and is only going to get better.

Sometime in the next 3 years... Just by that statement... he isnt close to a gold Glove? Give me Anderson the future CF of the White Sox or Young.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 08:14 PM)
Gold glovers do misjudge balls. Ask Torii Hunter about that. He badly misjudged a flyball earlier this year against the White Sox that he should have caught. Instead he moved in quickly and it went over his head for a double. It happens. Rowand has had it happen a couple times, but for the most part he gets excellent reads on flyballs and very good jumps. He has not always been this way. He has worked damn hard to become an excellent defensive centerfielder.

I dont question his work ethic... just the constant thread that he's a Golg Glover... he's not.

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 10:42 PM)
Sometime in the next 3 years... Just by that statement... he isnt close to a gold Glove?  Give me Anderson the future CF of the White Sox or Young.

Once again it's f***ing retarded to want a player like Anderson or Young over Rowand but I already said that.

I said the next 3 years because GGs are usually won by popularity along with excellent defense, this year people realized just how good he is, he'll gain a s*** load of GG votes but isn't popular enough yet to win the award. IMO next year he'll have a great shot at winning one, seeing how people will be watching for him to make the plays that he has been making instead of him going unnoticed.

He's GG caliber this year just not well known enough yet.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 10:50 PM)
Rowand needs to throw better in order to win a Gold Glove.  If you look at guys like Hunter and Edmonds in CF, they have incredibly accurate arms in the outfield.  Rowand's arm has been disappointing this season.

That's the #1 thing he has to work on, he's got the above average arm but his accuracy has been pretty bad this year.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 09:32 PM)

I don't doubt that he can be one, but he has some way to still go. He needs to get a more accurate arm and it wouldn't hurt if his arm was a little stronger.