"The" Griffey Rumor

LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 09:19 PM)
I know some people defend Levine on this site, but he's one of the worst "inside" guys in baseball.  I can't remember the last time he was on top of a trade rumor.

When's Bruce gonna hang em up? Hopefully soon.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 10:22 PM)
Wow, you guys really run with a story, don't you.    Earlier tonight, right before they called the game, he was on and said ge expects it to get done soon.

Nothing new, Bruce still sux.

I know, what BS.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 10:12 PM)
Anything on Sportsnite?

According to Bruce, the 'White Sox are doing everything they can to get this deal done.'

He said this towards the end of his talking points....

Started off by saying that that Griffey Jr. cleared waivers, and the White Sox could make a trade with the Reds, but then said that the Reds are for sale, and may not want to trade a marketable player like Griffey Jr, but then said Griffey Jr. and Kenny Williams both would like to make a deal....

Basically, his report was nothing new - it's going to be difficult to make a trade because of the sale of the Reds, the money involved, and then agreeing on players before finally going to Griffey to get his approval.

Despite not knowing if the White Sox have actually talken with the Reds about this, being unaware of the players involved in a trade, according to Bruce Levine, the 'White Sox are doing everything they can to get this deal done.'

LOL

QUOTE(WhiteSoxAaron! @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 03:24 AM)
Ya well is there any news on this? I am new hear so tel me how this place is, I hated whitesoxinteractive everyone said you guys are better?

anyways is there any news on this trade?

In reality, not a damn thing besides Griffey Jr. cleared waivers.

QUOTE(spiderman @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 10:23 PM)
According to Bruce, the 'White Sox are doing everything they can to get this deal done.'

He said this towards the end of his talking points....

Started off by saying that that Griffey Jr. cleared waivers, and the White Sox could make a trade with the Reds, but then said that the Reds are for sale, and may not want to trade a marketable player like Griffey Jr, but then said Griffey Jr. and Kenny Williams both would like to make a deal....

Basically, his report was nothing new - it's going to be difficult to make a trade because of the sale of the Reds, the money involved, and then agreeing on players before finally going to Griffey to get his approval.

Despite not knowing if the White Sox have actually talken with the Reds about this, being unaware of the players involved in a trade, according to Bruce Levine, the 'White Sox are doing everything they can to get this deal done.'

LOL

Thank you, that was the best way to describe it.

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 10:25 PM)
Thank you, that was the best way to describe it.

No problem...Those local reporters (Levine and Ofman) are just hilarious to me - they know the game because they watch it for a living (but probably not any better than a lot of people here), but when it comes to those trade rumors, they don't seem to be reporting any information besides already public knowledge.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxAaron! @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 03:28 AM)
when will we find out who will get him who else wants him? and what is the chance of us gettting him? should I get my hopes up?

Until you hear something that suggests the Reds want to trade him, carry on with your regular life.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 10:29 PM)
Until you hear something that suggests the Reds want to trade him, carry on with your regular life.

Let's just hope that Kenny Williams can find a way to upgrade the team further before August 31st whether it be Griffey Jr. (beware of all the rumors that keep coming up - if something happens, great!, otherwise, carry on, there's nothing to see here) or some other upgrade.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxAaron! @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 03:31 AM)
Fathom you seem cool

Wow, you must be a newbie. Complimenting me probably won't get you very well-liked on this board. I'm sorry, I'm on the record as saying I won't be in gamethreads during the playoffs.

QUOTE(spiderman @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 03:32 AM)
Let's just hope that Kenny Williams can find a way to upgrade the team further before August 31st whether it be Griffey Jr. (beware of all the rumors that keep coming up - if something happens, great!, otherwise, carry on, there's nothing to see here) or some other upgrade.

Yep, and I really hope KW doesn't think Willie Harris is a logical option to replace Pods in LF!

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 03:33 AM)
Guys almost everyone in the media reported that Vizquel was headed to the Sox this november.  Bruce was not the only one.  I'm not sure why everyone hates him.

Find me the last time he was right on any trade? Considering it's his profession, he sure doesn't have a very good grasp of the baseball industry. He should be known as Captain Obvious.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 10:33 PM)
Guys almost everyone in the media reported that Vizquel was headed to the Sox this november.  Bruce was not the only one.  I'm not sure why everyone hates him.

Because i could have told you yesterday griffey passed waivers and yet bruce says it today and makes it breaking news and takes all the credit.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 07:32 PM)
Wow, you must be a newbie.  Complimenting me probably won't get you very well-liked on this board.  I'm sorry, I'm on the record as saying I won't be in gamethreads during the playoffs.

ok..... I dont care u seem cool to me... Everyone one is much cooler hear than on wsi.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 10:33 PM)

I don't hate Bruce Levine - you're right about Vizquel - everyone from the SunTimes/Tribune to the Score/ESPN 1000 all had that as being a foregone conclusion. I think Bruce knows the game. I just laugh at some of his 'inside info' and his player love sometimes.