• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SnB @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 09:56 PM)
anybody else have one of these?

idms8.jpg

they were magnets and you could keep track of standings and stuff.

I had one of those for hockey...magnets and then filled out the standings with a dry erase marker. I had a separate board for the playoffs.

I had a decent amount of pogs...but i had about 15 different slammers. I bought em in this package, there were all types of thicknesses, materials, etc. It was nuts. I would have each slammer be used for a different stack...depending on how many pogs were in there, you know. I was a real strategist....lmao. Pogs were banned at my elementary school, i do remember that much. Kinda weird.

Bear with me here, this description might suck.

Did anyone have one of those whiffle ball machines? The one i had, you would step on this circle like thing, which would trigger the machine to shoot a ball up into the air, then you'd hit it. It was electronic. I remember playing with that thing for hours.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 08:44 PM)
I feel like a 6 year old on Christmas Eve.  Getting Griffey would be like getting the Turtle Bus, back in the day.  Man, I loved that toy. 

pwagon.jpg

:wub: :wub: :wub:

I also had the Blimp, but mine had pieces of duct tape over all the holes that somehow found their way on it after about 3 days...

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 07:57 AM)
My favorite toys as a kid were the old steel Tonka Trucks, Lincoln Logs, Legos, and my personal favorite, a Sit and Spin.

SS, let me break this to you gently, that wasn't an authentic sit and spin :ph34r:

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 02:08 AM)
Bear with me here, this description might suck.

Did anyone have one of those whiffle ball machines? The one i had, you would step on this circle like thing, which would trigger the machine to shoot a ball up into the air, then you'd hit it. It was electronic. I remember playing with that thing for hours.

i remember getting one of those for my birthday........too bad it sucked.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 07:51 AM)
nfl_game.jpg

I had the Bears vs. Packers model.

I also remember a new rod and reel I received as a Christmas gift. I loved the rod and reel, it was the 4 month wait for the ice to melt that sucked.

believe it or not, i had one of those as well........but i think madden ruined it for me

QUOTE(SnB @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 11:00 PM)
haha, i thought the same.

"When we were kids we played with sticks and were happy with it!"

LMAO.. not quite. While I did have lincoln logs and pick up sticks :P , my brother is 4 years younger and my sister 6 so I did get to play with a lot of the "cool" toys from your/their childhoods.

I have Barbie's from '73 ish to somewhere around '85 never opened.

I also had what seemed to be a lifetime supply of that grey putty like stuff that you would squish out over the Sunday comics and when you lifted it the comic would transfer to it. It came in egg like containers.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 11:04 AM)
I also had what seemed to be a lifetime supply of that grey putty like stuff that you would squish out over the Sunday comics and when you lifted it the comic would transfer to it. It came in egg like containers.

Silly Putty! :headbang

Pick up sticks is a blast. I also like the "old-fashioned" metal slinkies.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 11:06 AM)
Silly Putty!  :headbang

Pick up sticks is a blast.  I also like the "old-fashioned" metal slinkies.

That's it.. silly putty. :bang

The metal slinkies are the best. The plastic ones didn't have enough weight to go down the stairs properly.

We also killed a lot of time with that barrel of monkey's game. The one where you have to pick up the plastic monkey's by their arms.

Etch-a-sketch was another solid time killer.