Harris in LF?

fathom

QUOTE(bighurt4444 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 10:43 AM)
I would say that if anybody is going to trade for Griffey, the Sox are the leader by a large margin.  With that said, I would still guess it is unlikely that the Sox get him, but you never know.  Sorry guys, I don't want to turn this into another Griffey to the Sox thread.

yeah I probably should've just looked at the threads about him, but anyways, this isn't turning into a Griffey thread, haha.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 09:46 AM)
yeah I probably should've just looked at the threads about him, but anyways, this isn't turning into a Griffey thread, haha.

Yeah, I just don't want to get yelled at within my first 100 posts for bringing up something that there are already like 8 threads on. I know these guys can be pretty mean! :D

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 10:28 AM)
Our outfielder list has narrowed.

Guillen said he had spoken with general manager Ken Williams and farm director David Wilder about their options, but Guillen made his point clear: "I need a leadoff guy."

That leaves Owens and Harris out of that list.

Owens is definatley a lead-off guy. If he stays, he will replace PODS as the lead off man and resident base stealer. .400 OBP

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 09:57 AM)
If Anderson was called up, that is terrific news.

I agree completely. I think he brings so much more to the table than little Willie. The only thing Willie brings is a bit of speed. Anderson has some speed, can hit for a decent average, and has some pop in his bat. He does strikeout a bit too much to lead off, but he is a much better choice than Willie. I'm excited to see what he can do.

I agree completely.  I think he brings so much more to the table than little Willie.  The only thing Willie brings is a bit of speed.  Anderson has some speed, can hit for a decent average, and has some pop in his bat.  He does strikeout a bit too much to lead off, but he is a much better choice than Willie.  I'm excited to see what he can do.

Exactly, he is one of our best prospects and he plays the OF. He or Owens are the logical choices and it appears they feel Anderson is more ready than Owens and that's ok by me. Willie Harris is a 2B, not an OF.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 12:04 PM)
Guys I see can be dropped from the 40-man:

Arnie Munoz

PAulino Reynoso

Matt Smith

Ryan Wing

Kevin Walker

No way on Munoz.

The others are questionable, I see Wing going though as I've discussed with Jas.

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 10:03 AM)
Exactly, he is one of our best prospects and he plays the OF.  He or Owens are the logical choices and it appears they feel Anderson is more ready than Owens and that's ok by me.  Willie Harris is a 2B, not an OF.

Well my ticket to tomorrows game looks pretty good right about now. Maybe I will get to see Anderson also.

I got to see both he and Sweeney in ST. But thats ST and against mixed talent.

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 08:07 AM)
One of the guys here mentioned they can put Frank Thomas on the 60 day DL and that would also clear a spot on the 40 man.

I wouldn't have problem with that either. At the same time I couldn't see a team putting a claim on Wing, so I'd probably do that, cause keeping Frank on the DL just opens up the possibility of being able to add a guy thats on the 40 to the playoff roster in October (or I think it does).

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 12:07 PM)
One of the guys here mentioned they can put Frank Thomas on the 60 day DL and that would also clear a spot on the 40 man.

Another possibility, but if you try to put Wing through, since he is currently on the DL, you may get him through and then just option him to the minors. Right now, I don't think he'd draw much interest.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 11:09 AM)
Another possibility, but if you try to put Wing through, since he is currently on the DL, you may get him through and then just option him to the minors.  Right now, I don't think he'd draw much interest.

well his 0-4 and 8.69 is pretty attractive.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 09:05 AM)
I don't think calling up Willie to play LF would be the reason for this.  We've had some major offensive issues even before the slap master gets placed in LF.  I even question if Pods is really hurt right now.  To me, it seems like we're just resting him, and we're trying to make the injury sound worse than it is in order to have an excuse to DL him.  To me, the reason for Podsednik's struggles lately didn't seem physical.  He was playing some of the most aggressive defense he's ever played.  However, a groin injury isn't the cause of taking called 3rd strike after called 3rd strike. It just seems like we're taking the foot off of the accelerator way too early.

Look at the way he was digging hard at the beggining of the season and look how he has run for the last month or so. There's a big difference. He runs like something is really tender and it doesn't look like he's going all out. There's a reason. I highly doubt it's just for rest though.

Owens may be sitting, not due to a trade, but because he will be moving to AAA Charlotte when Anderson gets the call up to the majors. You figure that Pods will be out a couple of weeks and that will lead to Sept. 1st when Anderson would have gotten the call any way so now you just move Owens up to see if he can finish off the season strong in AAA.

QUOTE(heirdog @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 12:41 PM)
Owens may be sitting, not due to a trade, but because he will be moving to AAA Charlotte when Anderson gets the call up to the majors.  You figure that Pods will be out a couple of weeks and that will lead to Sept. 1st when Anderson would have gotten the call any way so now you just move Owens up to see if he can finish off the season strong in AAA.

Sounds logical.