Official game thread 8/15

Ishmookie

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 01:27 AM)
Nothing like backing into the playoffs.  Just hoping Cleveland keeps losing.

Personally, I don't care what we do, as long as we make it. Not for one second have I thought we were 10 games better than any other team in the majors. It would take a total collapse not to make it, and if we don't make the playoffs, we don't deserve to make it.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 06:28 PM)
Personally, I don't care what we do, as long as we make it.  Not for one second have I thought we were 10 games better than any other team in the majors.  It would take a total collapse not to make it, and if we don't make the playoffs, we don't deserve to make it.

If we back into the playoffs, we'll be out by the 1st round......Guaranteed!!

Maybe its time to sit Uribe who hasnt been good. Fock that he starts day in and day out.

Gooch who is good, bench his ass every couple of days. We are saving his bat for the postseason.

What other major league team would bat Timo leadoff? Name one.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 01:30 AM)
Maybe its time to sit Uribe who hasnt been good. Fock that he starts day in and day out.

Gooch who is good, bench his ass every couple of days.  We are saving his bat for the postseason. 

What other major league team would bat Timo leadoff?  Name one.

We've completely put it in to cruise control. It seems like we're already making decision now in order to set things up for the postseason. We still have 13 games left against this Twins team, and quite a few other games against some very good teams.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 06:30 PM)
  You get to the playoffs, and anything in the world can happen.

That's fine if your a team like the Padres, where you have little chance of doing anything anyway, but not when your a team who's been as good as we have for most of the season.

Edited by CYGarland

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 07:32 PM)
And it's the worst I've seen Lohse look against the Sox in a long time.

His slider is spinning and is not moving. The only one that is moving is the one in the dirt.

He is spotting his fastball on the outside half. And our meathead hitters are pull crazy.

Thanks Ozzie for the crappy 1-2 punch tonight.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 01:33 AM)
Wow fathom, where has this thinking been. I agree 100%, we get there, its a whole new ballgame.

Personally, while I don't condone it, I just think this team has put themselves on cruise control. They will get it back by early to mid September.

I've been saying this all along. I don't care if we lose our last 40 games, I just want to make the playoffs.

The lineup tonight should of been

Arow CF Hits .292 against Lohse

Gooch 2b Hits .667 against Lohse

Everett DH Hits Lohse well

Konerko 1B Doesnt hit Lohse

AJ C Hits 500 against lohse

Dye RF

Blum 3b

Timo LF

Uribe SS

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 01:33 AM)
That's fine if your a team like the Padres, where you have little chance of doing anything anyway, but not when your a team who's been as good as we have for most of the season.

Maybe it's cause I don't think, in reality, that this has to be "the" year. Our talent level, on offense, is still not up to par with Boston and the Yankees. If this team can't go far in the playoffs, no one on here should really say they're surprised. Unless we can have playoff series like the Yankees one we just had, I'm not expecting miracles. Remember, our record against likely playoff teams this year is awful.