Official game thread 8/15

Ishmookie

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 12:21 PM)
Oh and 5 outs in 4 plate appearences today.

Lets get him more at-bats.

And the sad thing is right now if I looked at it, Ozzie and KW would probably bring back Timo next year for around the same price.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 08:22 PM)
It just baffles me how anyone could defend Timo.  He's a terrible, terrible player!  5 for his last 36 now....just the spark you want from a bench player.

I don't think there is anyone defending Timo starting. At least not that I've seen.

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 02:23 AM)
Since this game is over, they better get their s*** straight for tomorrow. Ozzie better f***ing do something "this this this f***!" This spoiled my night...

I can't wait until around 5pm tomorrow when we see Timo is playing again.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 08:23 PM)
Not a doubt in my mind we'll bring him back next season.

He'll definately be back. Hopefully it won't be for a significant time as a starter. He's been solid enough as a pinch hitter though. He's no Lenny Harris, but he has some big hits.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 02:25 AM)
He'll definately be back. Hopefully it won't be for a significant time as a starter. He's been solid enough as a pinch hitter though. He's no Lenny Harris, but he has some big hits.

He's been terrible as a pitch hitter this season. His numbers suck in the situations that Hawk and Ozzie think he's amazing at.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 08:25 PM)

The problem with Timo on the roster is that Ozzie thinks that Timo is a super sub. He has more ABs than any of our subs.

How can Ozzie play a midget at 1st. He did.

How can Ozzie play Timo as a DH when he cant hit. He did.

How can Ozzie have Timo leadoff with a bad BA, low OBP and an 0-7 lifetime against Lohse. He did.

Tomorrow night Timo will leadoff.

And for his clutch hits, he had a few times up with men on and what did he do, slap the ball on the ground and GIDP.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 02:26 AM)
So I just want to check with you real quick. You are endorsing that we play BA correct?

Absolutely. You can't keep playing a below average player who's slumping. I said it yesterday when the game was called: the worst thing about the game was that Timo just earned himself a handful of starts with his two bloopers. Most bench players that go 5 for 36 get released, not promoted to the leadoff or number 5 spot.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 08:27 PM)
He's been terrible as a pitch hitter this season.  His numbers suck in the situations that Hawk and Ozzie think he's amazing at.

Very rarely do PH numbers impress anybody. Many have said that it is incredibly difficult to pinch hit. Timo has a bunch of big hits, a couple game-winning. This is one situation where Hawk's "don't tell me what you hit, tell me when you hit it applies."

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 08:28 PM)
Absolutely.  You can't keep playing a below average player who's slumping.  I said it yesterday when the game was called:  the worst thing about the game was that Timo just earned himself a handful of starts with his two bloopers.  Most bench players that go 5 for 36 get released, not promoted to the leadoff or number 5 spot.

K. Just wanted to check.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 02:28 AM)
Very rarely do PH numbers impress anybody. Many have said that it is incredibly difficult to pinch hit. Timo has a bunch of big hits, a couple game-winning. This is one situation where Hawk's "don't tell me what you hit, tell me when you hit it applies."

Considering how Ozzie likes to rest his starters seemingly every other day, you need a back-up outfielder who can be inserted into the starting lineup and produce. Timo gives you absolutely no offensive contribution.

My line up tomorrow.

Iguchi 2B

Uribe SS

Everett LF

Konerko 1B

Dye DH

Rowand CF

AJ C

Anderson RF

Crede 3B

Mix and match Anderson, Dye, and Everett for OF or DH.

Edited by Brian