Official game thread 8/15

Ishmookie

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 09:43 PM)
It would be one thing if I just talked about last year, but I said both years. Why would we just analyze the year he hasn't done as well, just so you can bash another player and whine, whine whine

You and Ozzie in a love triangle with Timo? Jeez...he sucks. Why don't you see that?

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 02:43 AM)
It would be one thing if I just talked about last year, but I said both years. Why would we just analyze the year he hasn't done as well, just so you can bash another player and whine, whine whine

He sucked last year, too.

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 08:43 PM)
So I guess swinging for the fences is the only stragedy they have??

You don't know if they are swinging for the fences or not. When a guy is throwing 96 mph fastballs, you're gonna take hard swings.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 08:44 PM)
You and Ozzie in a love triangle with Timo?  Jeez...he sucks.  Why don't you see that?

He sucks as a starter. He sucks in pointless games. He doesn't suck as a pinch hitter, however.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 08:43 PM)
Impressive bat speed by the Sox hitters.  Does anyone notice the intensity the Twins players seem to have tonight?  Ozzie has got to get the Sox back to playing with some balls and intensity.

Acted as if they've never seen a straight, 94 mph fastball.

This team is going to have problems against Santana on Wednesday.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 02:43 AM)

I know a lot of people probably disagree with me on daily basis on here, but I think I speak for the majority of people on here when I say you're way off base with this. The reason I b**** about Timo? Because he absolutely sucks, and our manager gives him way too much playing time. Like I said earlier, 5 for your last 36 should resulted in a release, not a promotion to leadoff or number 5 hitter.

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 08:42 PM)
If they take these pitches from Rincon, they are strikes anyway. Except Kong's 3rd strike.

Its nice when Rooney makes the call. He had a home run cut on that fastball.

Make focking contact. There is no reason he should strike out the side.

And if I remember Konerko was a supposed super fastball hitter. At least he used to be, remember when he used to be able to hit Matt Anderson fastballs over the fence at 100mph. Now he cant catch up with 94mph fastballs down the cock.

Cruddy has an error. This is focking last year.

I am glad we dump our load everytime its August and we play the twins.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 08:40 PM)
Yah, lets just put this year in a vacuum and forget everything else. It has no bearing on anything.

Maybe you like Timo, we all have our personal favorites. It doesn't change the fact that he's a real good 25th man on a real bad 25 man roster. Bully for him that he's Ozzie boy.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 09:45 PM)
Like I said earlier, 5 for your last 36 should resulted in a release, not a promotion to leadoff or number 5 hitter.

I completely agree with you but doesn't KW get some blame for not supplying Ozzie with adequate bench support? I mean Ozuna and Timo? Come on Kenny. You can't assume the entire starting lineup will be injury free all year.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 08:46 PM)
You hear that sound?  It's the Joe Crede for Gold Glove bandwagon coming to a screeching halt.  How many misplays is that for Crede lately?

But he deserves a pass cus he has a bad back, remember?

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 08:44 PM)
You don't know if they are swinging for the fences or not. When a guy is throwing 96 mph fastballs, you're gonna take hard swings.

Actually I have Tivo, and when they finish up off balance on every swing. Its a bit different that the swings they had earlier in the game when they werent trying to make sportscenter.

And the third pitch was at 96. The other two straight 94 mph fastballs down the cock probably should of be hit.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 08:46 PM)
You hear that sound?  It's the Joe Crede for Gold Glove bandwagon coming to a screeching halt.  How many misplays is that for Crede lately?

Crede's Gold Glove campaign unofficially ended the night he bobbled Ramirez' foul out.

Crede's errors have a knack of leading to runs. Politte needs to pich over his mistake and preserve this deficit as it currently stands.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 08:47 PM)
And the third pitch was at 96.  The other two straight 94 mph fastballs down the cock probably should of be hit.

Easier said than done. It's not like Juan Rincon is some kind of slouch. His fastball moves.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 09:47 PM)
Alright, enough is enough, as one of the board optimists, I can't make any more excesses. This team needs to wake the f*** up, or a major shake up needs to be made.  Kenny Williams best be calling O'hare to see when he can get Jr. to Chicago....

Agreed. This isn't as fun to watch the past few days. I just don't feel like we're the same team we were in the first half. We need a spark.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 02:47 AM)
Alright, enough is enough, as one of the board optimists, I can't make any more excesses. This team needs to wake the f*** up, or a major shake up needs to be made.  Kenny Williams best be calling O'hare to see when he can get Jr. to Chicago....

Tony, we never agree on anything. Would you agree with me that we've taken our proverbial foot off of the accelerator way too early? It starts at the top, and as much as Ozzie says we're not letting up, his actions sure seem like that of a manager who thinks we can coast the rest of the way. And judging by Hawk's statements tonight, the Griffey Jr. trades seem like a longshot.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 02:49 AM)
Agreed.  This isn't as fun to watch the past few days.  I just don't feel like we're the same team we were in the first half.  We need a spark.

Is it because we're slumping, or we're playing to our talent level?