Official game thread 8/15

Ishmookie

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 01:50 AM)
Yup, ball was hit WAY too hard to send Crede, especially with our #3 and best clutch hitter up next.

Ford had plenty of time to set himself and make a relatively easy throw. Dye should have been able to just as easily throw the runner out at home also earlier, but that would require a Sox outfielder to actually throw a runner out at home.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 07:49 PM)
How so?

Both of their bases loaded hits came on good pitches. Paul just missed hitting one out. We had two very close plays at the plate that we just missed, while we had a play that they just made at the plate.

We got more than enough breaks though at the beginning of the year, so I'm not worried about it.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 01:50 AM)
The Fundamentals have been dearly missing from this team lately

And you want to know one of the main reasons for that? The more subs you have in the game, the more it seems the team fundamentals decreases.

Crede didnt' exactly put himself in a great position to slide into homeplate. Because he attempted to avoid the plate and swipe it instead of sliding straight in with his legs he practically stumbled to the ground.

Should have been held up by Cora, but he didn't help himself there.

Oh how I hate Timo Perez! Let me count the ways:

1) When he catches fly balls in the outfield, he hot dogs them with a one-handed swipe of the ball.

2) He can't hit for jack.

3) He's way too slow to bat leadoff. Example: He definitely should've beat out that bouncer to the right side in the bottom of the fifth.

Why does this stroke ever play?

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 01:53 AM)
If we lose today the only chance we have of taking one this series is tomorrow because I don't expect anything good on Wednesday.

I said a lot earlier in the day that this was a very big game tonight, because the one thing we can't have is to get swept by the Twins. Tonight was our best chance to win.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 01:53 AM)
Better now than in the playoffs.

You know what I'm going to say. You have to make the playoffs before you can start planning for it. Right now, the Sox just have to win games. Everything else will play out.

QUOTE(GasHeGone @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 01:53 AM)
Oh how I hate Timo Perez!  Let me count the ways: 

1) When he catches fly balls in the outfield, he hot dogs them with a one-handed swipe of the ball.

2) He can't hit for jack.

3) He's way too slow to bat leadoff.  Example: He definitely should've beat out that bouncer to the right side in the bottom of the fifth.

Why does this stroke ever play?

Maybe stroke is a pun here?

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 07:54 PM)
I said a lot earlier in the day that this was a very big game tonight, because the one thing we can't have is to get swept by the Twins.  Tonight was our best chance to win.

That is such bulls***, the Twins come in hitting very aweful and doing poorly so they better not sweep us.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 06:54 PM)
I said a lot earlier in the day that this was a very big game tonight, because the one thing we can't have is to get swept by the Twins.  Tonight was our best chance to win.

Considering we got Freddy(cant win at home) going vs Radke, and Buerhle(mediocre of late) against Santana (Lights out of late).

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 07:47 PM)
Expect the same 1-2 punch tomorrow against Radke. Timo hit's a HR off Radke once and he basically seals his placement in the lineup. Hopefully his career numbers actually warrant his addition. If they're anywhere like they are against Silva it's justified--i suppose.

Against Santana, which I'm afraid to admit will likely be a loss with this offense, we'll probably see Ozuna in the leadoff position and (hopefully--if he's feeling better) Iguchi.

May not see Anderson in this entire series unless there's a blowout or need for a RH pinch hitter.

This probably will be the case.