Official game thread 8/15

Ishmookie

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 07:08 PM)
Don't forget Dye not being able to throw out the runner at home on an easier play than Ford had.  Like I said, this game should be like 6-2 White Sox.

This team, of late, has reminded me of last year's team a little too much.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 08:07 PM)
Oh boy, you had to remind us of that?  The ONLY chance the Twins have of even being a threat to the Sox the rest of this year is if they sweep us this series.

Which is entirely possible.

Oh, and there's a vintage just-out-of-the-reach-of-defender Minnesota hit for Punto.

--And a terrible scoop by Konerko on Mauer's bunt.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 10:03 PM)
No....but this s*** has been going on for nearly 3 weeks now.  The team has displayed just terrible fundamentals.  How many base running errors and stupid infield gaffes can we have?  If Ozzie is going to get ALL the credit for when we play well, he deserves to get blamed for when this team looks like a bunch of little leaguers.

I think it's pretty hard to go 162 games without having stretches like this. For one thing it would be nice if we could get our 'A' team on the field. Health or lack or it is responsible for some of the calamities. I don't even like to get out of bed when my back is bothering me. I find that the amount of crap that Ozzie takes on this site is unreasonable.

Edited by ottawa_sox

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 08:10 PM)
Which is entirely possible.

Oh, and there's a vintage just-out-of-the-reach-of-defender Minnesota hit for Punto.

--And a terrible scoop by Konerko on Mauer's bunt.

Not only them, but Cleveland as well. But don't worry guys because we have the best record in the major leagues. I wonder what tune people will cry with after we lose it.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 02:12 AM)
Big lead won't last long if we keep playing like this.

Just have to hope that other teams can defeat Indians and Twins. That's the scary thing about playing the Twins so much the rest of this way. If we play poor baseball against them, they have the ability to make up a ton of ground.

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 08:10 PM)
no no. I am not trying to start trouble. I dont remember Mauer ever plowing anybody over. And the Hunter thing was like 2 years ago

It was last year and if I remember correctly it was considered good baseball. All we are trying to do is play some good baseball.