Official game thread 8/15

Ishmookie

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 08:35 PM)
Ozzie said today that Iguchi would leadoff.

I don't know how smart that is. That's taking his game a complete 180. He went from #3 slot power hitter in Japan last year to leadoff hitter who's just supposed to get on. Plus while he's good at moving runners over, I don't think he's that great at getting on base for other guys.

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 02:37 AM)
Fine, Look up his pinch hit numbers .... He sucks there too...

Don't let a couple "game winning hits" distort your view.... f*** I'd ratcher have Kelly Dransfeldt in the line up.

Dransfeldt had some clutch hits also.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 08:36 PM)
What is 'numerous games'?  2?

He had the game wiinning HR earlier in the year against the TWins, though that was a start, he beat the Angels against awesome closer Krod, he tied up the game in a huge game against the A's and awesome closer Huston street. Had a huge 9th inning HR against FLA to win last year, Huge bases clearing double against LAA last year. A bunch of others.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 08:37 PM)
I don't know how smart that is. That's taking his game a complete 180. He went from #3 slot power hitter in Japan last year to leadoff hitter who's just supposed to get on. Plus while he's good at moving runners over, I don't think he's that great at getting on base for other guys.

Give us a better option that Tadahito at lead off. He have nobody with a real good OBP now. May as well put someone there who can swing that bat and have good ABs.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 02:38 AM)
He had the game wiinning HR earlier in the year against the TWins, though that was a start, he beat the Angels against awesome closer Krod, he tied up the game in a huge game against the A's and awesome closer Huston street. Had a huge 9th inning HR against FLA to win last year, Huge bases clearing double against LAA last year. A bunch of others.

Stop talking about last year!

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 08:38 PM)

Last year Billy Koch was our closer. Last year Thriller was in our relief crew. Last year we didnt have a 5th starter.

Dont use stats from last year to bolster what happens this year.

If someone hit 400 last year and is hitting 100 this year. They suck this year.

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 08:38 PM)
Give us a better option that Tadahito at lead off. He have nobody with a real good OBP now. May as well put someone there who can swing that bat and have good ABs.

I'm not saying there are better options, but I'm not expecting good results out of him in that role. I'd think Rowand would have more success there.

And it seems our boppers are all going to swing for the fences.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 08:39 PM)
Last year Billy Koch was our closer.  Last year Thriller was in our relief crew. Last year we didnt have a 5th starter.

Dont use stats from last year to bolster what happens this year.

If someone hit 400 last year and is hitting 100 this year.  They suck this year.

Yah, lets just put this year in a vacuum and forget everything else. It has no bearing on anything.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 02:40 AM)
Yah, lets just put this year in a vacuum and forget everything else. It has no bearing on anything.

Wow. Fine, then AJP is an asshole, Juan Uribe and A. Rowand have 30 homer potential, and Jon Garland is a bust.

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 08:41 PM)
Swing Swing Swing away and will come K K K.

...doesn't sound right but, you guys get me.

If they take these pitches from Rincon, they are strikes anyway. Except Kong's 3rd strike.

But if you really want to talk about last year.

This game smells of last years Twins series in August when we died as a club.

We had the Carlos Lee like admiration of a possible homer and then the rush to get thrown out at second.

We have the men on late in the game, and our hitters are trying to hit the game tying homer instead of making contact. I remember Pauly and Carlos Lee King in this same situation last year. Trying to park a pitch.

GAME OVER

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 08:41 PM)
Wow.  Fine, then AJP is an asshole, Juan Uribe and A. Rowand have 30 homer potential, and Jon Garland is a bust.

It would be one thing if I just talked about last year, but I said both years. Why would we just analyze the year he hasn't done as well, just so you can bash another player and whine, whine whine