Official game thread 8/15

Ishmookie

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 11:40 PM)
Here is the bulls*** quote of the night from Pauly Konerko

"I didn't know where the ball was," Konerko said. "I was jammed so bad. After I saw the play go to third, I tried for second. I was safe. I'm out 99 out of 100 times, so I know when I'm safe."

You didnt know where the ball was.  How the f*** is that possible.  You sat statuesque watching the ball go up.  You posed like you were on the box of wheaties and then you come up with the comment, I didnt know where the ball was. 

:fyou

You know what, me might not be lying. Maybe he didn't know where the ball was. And that's perfectly fine, i have no problems with that.

If that's the case, though, START RUNNING TO FIRST, you can never go wrong running to first at any time in any at bat.

He was safe, sure, but i don't care. If you are going to make the play that close due to stupid base running...2 different times...then you should get flamed for it.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 11:07 PM)
You know what, me might not be lying. Maybe he didn't know where the ball was. And that's perfectly fine, i have no problems with that.

If that's the case, though, START RUNNING TO FIRST, you can never go wrong running to first at any time in any at bat.

He was safe, sure, but i don't care. If you are going to make the play that close due to stupid base running...2 different times...then you should get flamed for it.

That play was circa 2004 Carlos Lee in August here at the Cell.

The first one was a pitch that Carlos studied, he sat happy with his work, until it plunked against the big blue wall. Then Carlos with fear in his eyes ran like hell and got thrown out at 2nd.

Very Very similiar plays. Although Carlos did it twice in the month.

Oh i remember that play well.

Nothing pisses me off more than bad base running. Errors happen, 0 for 4's happen, but base running should always be there. Run hard, that's all you have to do (and just not make stupid decisions). It's the one constant you can control. Hustle.

It's also the most coachable aspect in baseball, IMO.

Keys that led to the loss

1. Everett's lazyness to get out by not tagging up and almost getting out by not tagging up another time.

2. Konerko getting a "double" but somehow getting thrown out before he got to second

3. Contreras letting up too many runs

btw I was at the game.. Damn I suck..

QUOTE(wsox08 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 01:05 AM)
Keys that led to the loss

2. Konerko getting a "double" but somehow getting thrown out before he got to second

I was there too because when he went to second he hesitated for awhile when he was halfway there.

This is not the same team it was in the 1st half, i think this big lead is really hurting us. It looks like everyone is trying to pad their stats instead of trying to do what it takes to win the game. There is no fire in this team right now, plain and simple. Our pitching isn't as good as it was in the 1st half, and our hitting is awfully reminiscent of the 04 team..................Ozzie better wake these guys up, because this season won't make it past the 1st week of October at this rate. :(

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 12:08 AM)
I was there too because when he went to second he hesitated for awhile when he was halfway there.

Yeah I saw he hesitated.... but that could have been the biggest play of the game.. looking back at it

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 01:03 AM)
Prolly injured or Ozzie is just messing with the lineup for no reason.

Nope, Ozzie took gooch out to get Blum in. Why sit one of our best hitters against a guy he kills. f***ing Dumb. But the dumbass Uribe and captain hitless Crede play day in and day out.

And Iguchi was getting the day off to give Geoff Blum playing time

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 05:34 AM)
Nope, Ozzie took gooch out to get Blum in.  Why sit one of our best hitters against a guy he kills.  f***ing Dumb.  But the dumbass Uribe and captain hitless Crede play day in and day out.

And Iguchi was getting the day off to give Geoff Blum playing time

I agree very dumb move. Shouldn't be stacking your team with your worst hitters to get them PT. I'd like to see Crede take the day off.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 02:04 PM)

I agree very dumb move. Shouldn't be stacking your team with your worst hitters to get them PT. I'd like to see Crede take the day off.

:o This out of the mouth of crede biggest fan.

Edited by ScottPodRulez22

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 11:57 PM)
I do not give a s*** if he was safe or not.  Not only was he lazy and didn't run right away but he f***ing stopped halfway to 2nd.

Because he was waiting for the throw to go to third so he could take 2nd. :bang