Official game thread 8/15

Ishmookie

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 06:56 PM)
Timo can crush the ball all he wants, but he's still like 4 for his last 33.  Sad thing is he'll be starting again tomorrow cause he's had success vs Radke in the past.

Cause ozzie always looks at numbers, right?

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 12:56 AM)
Timo can crush the ball all he wants, but he's still like 4 for his last 33.  Sad thing is he'll be starting again tomorrow cause he's had success vs Radke in the past.

And he doesn't see pitches. What is that, five pitches in two ABs? From your leadoff man?

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 05:58 PM)
Yes, with certain guys like Timo, if he's had success vs the pitcher, he'll play him.  I guarantee you that Timo is playing tomorrow.

It actually worked last time we played Radke...Timo took him deep.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 08:01 PM)
BTW, any word on why Iguchi is out of the lineup?

He's probably very tired. What is he 43 years old? Needs like 2 or 3 days off a week.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 01:03 AM)
WHat was Hawk's Mariotti rant about? I was on the phone and just heard Hawk mention his name.

Just calling him a hypocrite and saying he has pictures of someone to be able to keep his job. Usual Hawk rant about Mariotti.

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 01:03 AM)
WHat was Hawk's Mariotti rant about? I was on the phone and just heard Hawk mention his name.

Mariotti had an article calling Ozzie a hypocrite. Hawk went totally off on him, and crossed the line. He even said something along the lines of Mariotti only have his job still cause he has "pictures" of someone.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 07:04 PM)
Mariotti had an article calling Ozzie a hypocrite. Hawk went totally off on him, and crossed the line.  He even said something along the lines of Mariotti only have his job still cause he has "pictures" of someone.

This is why I hate Hawk. Just call the game, Mariotti has nothing to do with the game at hand.

Have a rant about how Crede cost us a run with an awful at bat with Blum on 2nd and no outs.