Official game thread 8/15

Ishmookie

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 07:05 PM)
Contreras meltdown at hand?

Your kidding right? See, these are the posts that piss me off from you. He hasn't given up a run in like 11 or 12 or 13 innings. He hasn't had a meltdown in forever.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 01:05 AM)
BUT WHERE WILL GRIFFEY PLAY!!!!

He WAS one of the best but he just can't compete with Aaron and Scotty!!

I also like how they never address him playing DH. Just seems like they avoid that completely.

Edited by SoxFanForever

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 01:07 AM)
Your kidding right? See, these are the posts that piss me off from you. He hasn't given up a run in like 11 or 12 or 13 innings. He hasn't had a meltdown in forever.

Yeah, he hasn't had a meltdown in what, 2 starts? When I talk about Contreras having a meltdown, I refer to him losing his mechanics when he's forced to pitch out of the stretch. He gives up a lot of big innings when he loses his release point out of the stretch.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 07:08 PM)
Yeah, he hasn't had a meltdown in what, 2 starts?  When I talk about Contreras having a meltdown, I refer to him losing his mechanics when he's forced to pitch out of the stretch.  He gives up a lot of big innings when he loses his release point out of the stretch.

He was awesome against Toronto, awesome against NYY, and has been good against Minny so far. He gave up some runs to a good hitting team in Baltimore and has one of our 2 wins against Boston. He's been great this year. A couple "meltdowns".

If it was any other manager Rowand would be hitting 1 or 2. But because its Ozzie he hits way down in the lineup while guys who hit below 240 are hitting 1 and 2.

This lineup may score a run. On a solo homer. But Lohse will look like Cy Young tonight.

Anderson may be a defensive replacment but he wont play. Timo will be our leadoff guy until Pods gets back.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 08:10 PM)
Anderson may be a defensive replacment but he wont play.  Timo will be our leadoff guy until Pods gets back.

No...Ozzie will give Andersen 1 start. He'll go 0-4 and not play again....kinda like Gload.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 01:10 AM)
He was awesome against Toronto, awesome against NYY, and has been good against Minny so far. He gave up some runs to a good hitting team in Baltimore and has one of our 2 wins against Boston. He's been great this year. A couple "meltdowns".

I've been very happy with Contreras this year. However, he's given up 6 or more runs in 4 of his last 11 games. Thus, he's very capable of having disasterous innings. And just like that, there's 2 runs. He sucks out of the stretch, it's that simple.