Tribune Article

Guest wsc425

Guest wsc425

Man all Sox fans must read Mike Downey's column today in the Cubune. It is most excellent. He has very accurate reasons of why JM SHOULD NOT BE FIRED.

Long live Jerry :headbang :headbang :headbang

I'm all for differences today :bringit

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...ome%2Dheadlines

It just goes to show you what you can do with numbers. You can also put together reems of teams that got off to fast starts and ended up tanking ala Cleveland last year. It is very narrow to only go off of this years numbers too. This is Jerry's 6th season, not his first.

There is trouble in River City. We all know that. Everyone is frustrated-fans-players-management-etc. However, with only 30 some games under our belt it's not the time to panic yet. I think June or even All-Star break time and if we are still lagging with this rather pathetic display of pitching and offense then yes we make moves. There is too much talent here, but the Sox live on the three run homer. We have no speed and Willie Harris isn't going to help unless he gets on base. Defensively he is still learning CF and it shows badly. Everything we do poorly is magnified because everything IS going poorly.

People are screaming for Williams and/or Manuel to be beheaded. I have even fallen into that trap from game to game, or it seems even play to play. But, I don't think it's going to happen. We read to much into Willaims going to Charlotte. I think it's normal for GM's to visit the minors teams especially your AAA and AA clubs. Plus Wright was pitching and I am sure Williams wanted to see how he did. Maybe he wanted to talk to good defense-no can hit Rowand. I don't know I wasn't there so I can just speculate too. I read one post that a fan thinks it's interesting that Williams was going to Oakland with the team. GM's do that all the time too. They are with the team lots.

We will get turned around and maybe this West coast swing is where the players pride and talent show up. Let's hope so.