Japanese Player in AAA

Guest wsc425

If he can make the big club, that would be a VERY good thing, marketing-wise as well.

I'm kind of surprised that the Sox haven't tapped into the Asian market, what with the ballpark being located so close to one of Chicago's bigger Asian communities.

The guy sounds like a solid kid, not one of these imbeciles who would throw a ball at a nesting bird...

I'm kind of surprised that the Sox haven't tapped into the Asian market, what with the ballpark being located so close to one of Chicago's bigger Asian communities.

Me too. But, IMHO, the Sox marketing sucks. All you have to do is go to a game at USCF when Ichiro comes to town or, in September, when Matsui comes to town and you will see that the Asian market is there and incredibly willing to fork over ticket money if there is a "hometown" player they want to see. But this team needs more Kids Days and Seniors Run the Bases Days :rolleyes:

Me too. But, IMHO, the Sox marketing sucks. All you have to do is go to a game at USCF when Ichiro comes to town or, in September, when Matsui comes to town and you will see that the Asian market is there and incredibly willing to fork over ticket money if there is a "hometown" player they want to see. But this team needs more Kids Days and Seniors Run the Bases Days :rolleyes:

Maybe if Koch goes on the DL they would give this kid a shot, but if not who would he replace on the roster?

There are lots of Asian in Chicago and I am one of them and I love the SOX. I was at the game last year when Buerhle pitched against the M's and USCF was packed. I say the attendance will improve if this guy makes it. But dont stop there, sign KAZ Matsui one of the best SS available off free agency after this season.

Yeah hasn't this been discussed already?? This guy was not a superstar in Japan ok. Not every Japanese player that comes to America was a superstar in Japan like Ichiro or Matsui. This guy was mediocre at best and had trouble staying in the J-League which is why he was picked up in TAIWAN. Cuz thats where the good players are at.

Go visit http://www.yofutetsu.com/ and stop making us think this guy is good.

There are lots of Asian in Chicago and I am one of them and I love the SOX. I was at the game last year when Buerhle pitched against the M's and USCF was packed. I say the attendance will improve if this guy makes it. But dont stop there, sign KAZ Matsui one of the best SS available off free agency after this season.

Have the Sox ever gone after a high priced free agent from Cuba or Japan? I don't ever remember them even thinking seriously about it. I agree that we should be more active, but with the finances of this club I don't see how we can compete with the likes of George Yankee or even the likes of Seattle with the Asian community they have, which is a lure to the Japanese.

Maybe if Koch goes on the DL they would give this kid a shot, but if not who would he replace on the roster?

Yofu will not be in Chicago any time soon.

Yofu will probably be called up to the Big Leagues during September, only if he continues his solid start. This guy has led the Japanese minors in strikeouts, and can throw seven pitches. If I'm looking at Yofu, Ginter or Almonte, I might just have to say Yofu.

Yofu is a good find. He is a very good pitcher and has excellent. Backman is very high on him and Wally just doesn't jump on anyone's bandwagon.

For those who were wondering, he is back in Birmingham. The Sox had to make a move to open a roster spot for Josh Stewart. He is not officially on the roster yet, but was in the stands tonight. I think they guy has a legit chance. I don't think he is going to be the rookie of the year next year at 30, but he has a good chance to be a solid Major Leaguer.

No word on who will come off the Barons roster.

Guest wsc425

Man Soo Lee Day is the answer.

Why isn't Man Soo scouting in the Pacific rim? I heard he was a baseball god in Japan.