Duhon will stay a Bull

Next on the list is Chandler. JR & Pax are meeting with him tommorow in California. They're going to offer him a deal worth 60 million, but he wants around 75 million. Personally I think 60 million is too much for a guy who didn't average double figures in any category.

After that, they'll get Curry signed up.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 12:02 PM)
Excellent move.  I want to see the rest of the guys get brought back now.  Its definately been a slow moving offseason thus far for Chicago.

I can't complain at all about how slow this offseason has moved.

When the offseason started, I was genuinely scared that someone would do to the Bulls what was done to the Clippers a few years ago by the Heat...the Clips had like 3 big name guys all hitting the free agent market (Odom, I believe Maggette, and I think someone else) at the same time. What happened?

The Clips wanted to keep their guys togehter, but then offers started coming in for all the guys. The Clips matched the offers for Maggette, but then because they had to pay him so much, the price for Odom became too rich for their blood, so they had to let him go.

I was worried we'd lose at least 1 of the big guys for the same reason...someone would make offers to Chandler just to drive his price up and then make a run at Curry or vice-versa. I've personally been astonished at the lack of interest in Chandler...even though the Bulls are saying they'll match, usually that's not a reason not to offer.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 04:11 PM)
Christie has the brains (on the court), and he's in great shape.  He would help a good overall squad that needs some stopgap defense out of the SG slot.  He's old, but not that old.

Old in guard terms. I agree that he would help some team as a stopgap, but I don't think the Bulls should be looking for one with a wife like his.

good to see the bulls do the right thing and sign duhon for another 3 years....the bulls should have another magical season if they can keep the team from last year intact for the most part....they seemed to have a good chemistry together

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 07:09 PM)
I do still wish they would sign a 6'6" guard who can play defense.

They did. Eddie Basden... This guy's gonna surprise a lot of people. Not only was he 2 time DPOY in CUSA, he was also the MVP of the league this past season. A league which featured the likes of Francisco Garcia and Jason Maxiell, both 1st round picks.