Welcome Brian Anderson

Nokona

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Nokona @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 03:29 PM)
It beats Willie and Jerry Owens, Brian Anderson has been called up to take Scotty Pods place on the roster.

Congrats and all the best Brian! :cheers

I think they're doing the right thing with putting Pods on the DL, right now, barring any moves, the 2 most important pieces of the offense to protect for the playoffs are Pods and Crazy.

I don't mind bringing Anderson up, I'm just suprised it wasn't Borchard.

Thank you White Sox... for actually making a wise choice..by putting Pods on the DL for him to recover..

NOw all we need is Griffey.

All i hear about is Anderson this anderson that.. I hope he lives up to the hype this board puts on him.. The big leagues is alot different talent wise than the minors!! :gosox3:

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 03:58 PM)
In other news...

Pods will now be referred to as the Big Hurt

Uribe will be referred to as El Caballo

Aaron Rowand will be reffered to as 33-Dog

If it's good enough for Frank it's good enough for me. Willie sucks too much, he doesn't deserve it, the real one is in the bigs

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 03:41 PM)
Yep, Pods on the 15 day DL, Hollywood is up

Won't see him tonight though, Timo is leading off and playing left

Just because he is up, doesnt mean he will play. Ozzie is getting Dustyitis playing crappy veteran players over young good ones.

What bizzaro world does the best team in baseball have a bad hitter such as Timo be such a big part of their team.

Lets review Ozzies man love for Timo.

He is short and never has played first. Ozzie plays him at first.

He cant hit, lets bat him in the DH role because Everett is hurt.

And now with our leadoff hitter down, lets bat him leadoff because his terrible OBP and BA are just an mirage.

Bat Arow leadoff and be done with it. He thrived in the position last year.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 05:08 PM)
Just because he is up, doesnt mean he will play.  Ozzie is getting Dustyitis playing crappy veteran players over young good ones.

What bizzaro world does the best team in baseball have a bad hitter such as Timo be such a big part of their team. 

Lets review Ozzies man love for Timo.

He is short and never has played first.  Ozzie plays him at first.

He cant hit, lets bat him in the DH role because Everett is hurt.

And now with our leadoff hitter down, lets bat him leadoff because his terrible OBP and BA are just an mirage. 

Bat Arow leadoff and be done with it.  He thrived in the position last year.

Yeah guys like Bobby Jenks, Neal Cotts, Jon Adkins, Brandon McCarthy, Joe Borchard and company never got any chances to play in the last two yearswith Ozzie as a manager... :bang

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 06:10 PM)
Yeah guys like Bobby Jenks, Neal Cotts, Jon Adkins, Brandon McCarthy, Joe Borchard and company never got any chances to play in the last two yearswith Ozzie as a manager... :bang

You know what's interesting about that? They are all pitchers. When it comes to position players, it could be argued that Ozzie may be a bit prejudiced towards players in his mold - he understands position players better because he was one.

I think there's a point to be made about Timo and Ozzie...very similar players, except that Timo has a bit more power and Ozzie was a great defensive player (prior to his knee injury) at a premium defensive position. But you can't have a out making machine at the top of the lineup and succeed. (Hell, Ozzie batted leadoff a bunch in the '86-'88 time frame and hit .290 with a .290 OBP or so, IIRC).

Hopefully, Anderson gets a large % of the at bats while Pods is out...

QUOTE(BlackBetsy @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 04:17 PM)
You know what's interesting about that?  They are all pitchers.  When it comes to position players, it could be argued that Ozzie may be a bit prejudiced towards players in his mold - he understands position players better because he was one. 

I think there's a point to be made about Timo and Ozzie...very similar players, except that Timo has a bit more power and Ozzie was a great defensive player (prior to his knee injury) at a premium defensive position. But you can't have a out making machine at the top of the lineup and succeed.  (Hell, Ozzie batted leadoff a bunch in the '86-'88 time frame and hit .290 with a .290 OBP or so, IIRC).

That makes two of us. Pencil him in LF everyday and let's see what this kid is made of.

With anderson called up, I'd like to see Iguchi moved to the leadoff spot. But that probably won't happen. Anderson should see plety of playing time, though, either in the OF or at DH. The Ozuna and Timo experiment hasn't worked too well.

If Pods was out for longer, and say the playoffs [i know it's a precautionary move having Pods on the DL, but....], this could be a trail period for Tad to see how effective he could be in the 1 spot. But Ozzie will prob. not mess with Iguchi.

QUOTE(BlackBetsy @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 05:17 PM)
You know what's interesting about that?  They are all pitchers.  When it comes to position players, it could be argued that Ozzie may be a bit prejudiced towards players in his mold - he understands position players better because he was one. 

I think there's a point to be made about Timo and Ozzie...very similar players, except that Timo has a bit more power and Ozzie was a great defensive player (prior to his knee injury) at a premium defensive position. But you can't have a out making machine at the top of the lineup and succeed.  (Hell, Ozzie batted leadoff a bunch in the '86-'88 time frame and hit .290 with a .290 OBP or so, IIRC).

In reality, what young position players have been up here?

Willie Harris got every chance in the world to win a starting job.

Pablo Ozuna has gotten ample playing time for the defensive liability that he is everywhere except SS.

Ross Gload was backing up a 40 HR 110 RBI All-Star without the ability to play the OF, so he had no where to play.

Who else is out there that didn't get a chance as a young position player?