Welcome Brian Anderson

Nokona

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 06:09 PM)
This is the sole player which stuck out as producing immediately out of his callup. Singleton slipped my mind, however Lee/Ordonez (as I recall) took a few months to begin heating up. If Anderson could hit above .300 his limited AB's for this this club over final two months it'd be a welcomed addition. Too many slump prone players.

If you're looking for him to hit above .300 you can just start hating him now. It's not gonna happen. The odds of him going Francoeur on us are just insanely low. At best he'll hover around .280-.290, but I'm expecting more in the .260s or .270s. He should draw walks at a decent rate and bring some servicable power.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 08:47 PM)
If you're looking for him to hit above .300 you can just start hating him now. It's not gonna happen. The odds of him going Francoeur on us are just insanely low. At best he'll hover around .280-.290, but I'm expecting more in the .260s or .270s. He should draw walks at a decent rate and bring some servicable power.

And don't be surprised if he provides the odd defensive spark - especially with his arm.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 04:08 PM)
Just because he is up, doesnt mean he will play.  Ozzie is getting Dustyitis playing crappy veteran players over young good ones.

What bizzaro world does the best team in baseball have a bad hitter such as Timo be such a big part of their team. 

Lets review Ozzies man love for Timo.

He is short and never has played first.  Ozzie plays him at first.

He cant hit, lets bat him in the DH role because Everett is hurt.

And now with our leadoff hitter down, lets bat him leadoff because his terrible OBP and BA are just an mirage. 

Bat Arow leadoff and be done with it.  He thrived in the position last year.

I have to agree. Timo in the leadoff spot is pretty terrible, IMO. He can't hit, he can't run, he can't play. I used to defend him, but he really has fallen even lower than he is used to being. I say get him outta that leadoff spot. Hell, A-Row, Gooch, Anderson, Pablo as leadoff men are all fine by me, and they are all much better players, hitter, runners than Timo. So why suffer further???

Edited by TheBigHurt