Benson deal done?

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 09:56 PM)
Stupid. Now he's going to have to drive to Olivet-Nazarene for 2 days of practice. He won't be starting this year and basically put the Bears a year back with this.

He'll get his carries. Not as much as Thomas Jones, but he'll get enough carries. IMO, at least ten touches a game -- not neccessarily rushing, but recieving, too.

Plus, the Bears now have two -- I say three -- competent running backs in Jones, Benson, and Adrian Peterson. It'd be nice to get Jones 20-25 touches a game, Benson 15-20, and Peterson 5-10.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 05:50 PM)
Eugene Parker aspires to be Drew Rosenhaus I see

Or Benson is a greedy f*** who wants too much money. Honestly, I don't think it's Eugene Parker using Benson as a puppet like Rosenhaus does. I think that Benson just wants sooo much money. He isn't going to get what Phillip Rivers got so he needs to stop hoping for that.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 08:16 PM)
Or Benson is a greedy f*** who wants too much money. Honestly, I don't think it's Eugene Parker using Benson as a puppet like Rosenhaus does. I think that Benson just wants sooo much money. He isn't going to get what Phillip Rivers got so he needs to stop hoping for that.

I would honestly now lowball Benson, and just let him go back into the draft. He obviously doesn't care anything about the Bears. Hes just a greedy piece of crap. Screw em. He would not get drafted number four next year.

MAYBE top ten, but he would lose a ton of money. I am tired of these NFL holdouts, it is sick.

Thats my two cents!

QUOTE(NCsoxfan @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 08:52 PM)
I would honestly now lowball Benson, and just let him go back into the draft.  He obviously doesn't care anything about the Bears.  Hes just a greedy piece of crap.  Screw em. He would not get drafted number four next year.

MAYBE top ten, but he would lose a ton of money.  I am tired of these NFL holdouts, it is sick.

Thats my two cents!

Wait , Im not done..... Benson is such a little b****

QUOTE(NCsoxfan @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 06:52 PM)
I would honestly now lowball Benson, and just let him go back into the draft.  He obviously doesn't care anything about the Bears.  Hes just a greedy piece of crap.  Screw em. He would not get drafted number four next year.

MAYBE top ten, but he would lose a ton of money.  I am tired of these NFL holdouts, it is sick.

Thats my two cents!

I would just trade his rights for a Shaun Alexander who wanted out or Edgerrin James. Benson wants a deal that would be similar to their's so might as well go out and get the real proven mccoy.

Ben$on's camp excuse was before they were waiting for Brown at #2 to sign he has and they still are not signed. Ben$on is about Ben$on, Bears are 4-12 with or without Ben$on.He is NEVER going to get Rivers money at #4 this year and that is what he wants plus more. :finger CB stay home.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 01:49 AM)
Bears are 4-12 with or without Ben$on

Have to disagree with ya there. Do you really not think that they'll improve at all this year with a much improved roster. Basically, they've added to every position that needed upgrading (except QB), and didn't downgrade at any other position. How could they not have a least a few more wins, especially if the defense stays healthy this year, which it didn't last year. Plus, Hutch will have a lot of practice time, and maybe most importantly of all, we actually have a competant o-coordinator that knows how to call a balanced game, and knows how to teach the ins and outs of his offense to players. I'm not saying we're playoff bound or anything, but I expect no less than 7 wins.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 03:20 AM)
I love this, Bears fans turning on him already.  :bang

Ok, Mr. Drew Bledsoe/Vinny Testeverde/Quincy Carter.

What would you suggest?

Thomas Jones can hold down the fort just fine; but, Hutchinson (as you know) is a big stiff.

We need a QB.

QUOTE(knightni @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 01:25 AM)

What would you suggest?

Thomas Jones can hold down the fort just fine; but, Hutchinson (as you know) is a big stiff.

We need a QB.

Bears fans wish they could have either Bledsoe, Testeverder or Carter at this moment.

QUOTE(knightni @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 05:25 PM)

What would you suggest?

We need a QB.

Jones in a power running offense ain't gonna work for a whole season. That's why they drafted Benson. I just find it ironic that because pretty much most of the top draft picks have holded out, Bears fans are already giving it to him. People say he doesn't deserve Rivers' money. Well Alex Smith got more guaranteed money than Eli Manning and he was the #1 pick, and the amount of money given to the top draft picks have gone up every year.

And yes Hutch is a stiff, so it sucks to be a guy like Muhsin Muhammed right now. As for solutions, well maybe Orton in a couple of years (not right now), or you just hope for Leinart. Either way, it's not looking good for the present.

What is your position on Cedric Benson's holdout?

5.5%

Bears are being cheap (68 responses)

64.6%

Benson is greedy (799 responses)

29.9%

Just part of the NFL (369 responses)

1236 total responses

Poll tonight about Greedy sob :crying like you did at draft :angry:

AND

Here are the numbers CB get to camp now stop this nonsense :nono

Aug 16, 2005

Big bucks for top picks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What the top picks in the 2005 NFL draft have signed for, with guaranteed money in parentheses. Contract totals include incentives and escalators.

1. Alex Smith, QB, 49ers

6 years, $49.5 million ($24 million)

2. Ronnie Brown, RB, Dolphins

5 years, $34 million ($20 million)

3. Braylon Edwards, WR, Browns

5 years, $40 million ($18.5 million)

4. Cedric Benson, RB, Bears

Still negotiating

5. Cadillac Williams, RB, Bucs

5 years, $31 million ($15.1 million)

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 06:25 PM)
What is your position on Cedric Benson's holdout?

5.5%

Bears are being cheap (68 responses)

64.6%

Benson is greedy (799 responses)

29.9%

Just part of the NFL (369 responses)

1236 total responses

Poll tonight about Greedy sob :crying like you did at draft  :angry:

That's a ChicagoSports poll, of course the majority are going to say he's being greedy because they want him on the team already.

Look it's a really a mirror image of last year with Phillip Rivers. He waited, Drew Brees starred in training camp and never looked back, so Rivers missed out on the starting job.

Is that gonna happen with Benson? Possibly at the start, but Jones isn't good enough to hold down the starting job for a whole season. I think the Bears are probably gonna hav to cave in with everything that's happened with Rex etc. to try and save face and get him in camp.