Thank you, Cubs!

TheBigHurt

Last night the Cubs defeatd ST. Louis, so thanks Cubs for not letting the Cards get ahead of us by one game! ^_^

I realize the game was called, but still it woulda sucked had the cards won that game. We had a good chance of winning that one, too.......

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 03:57 PM)
Even if they did win, we still would of had the better record. :huh

They're tied with us in wins, but 3 games behind in the loss column.

In other words...they do have a shot to be the first team to 80 wins, but you're correct we'd still have the better record.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 05:59 PM)
They're tied with us in wins, but 3 games behind in the loss column.

In other words...they do have a shot to be the first team to 80 wins, but you're correct we'd still have the better record.

Which means this thread makes 0 sense, seeing how we'd still have the better record.

QUOTE(the People's Champ @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 05:19 PM)
well whereas nobody else might care......I do care.

I think it would be a big deal if the Sox could lead the league "wire to wire".  Does it mean anything?  No especially if they dont win it all. But if they do happen to win it all it would be a nice exclamation point in my eyes.

I believe LA oneupped stuff when we had a Shingo collapse loss and they were undefeated, so yeah, there goes your big deal

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 06:38 PM)
I believe LA oneupped stuff when we had a Shingo collapse loss and they were undefeated, so yeah, there goes your big deal

well apparently I didn't pay close enough attention to the standings early on, if indeed that is the case

oh well

:P