Hawk & Mariotti War Continues

Rooftop Shots

Next couple of days in the Suntimes paper should be interesting. Don't know who saw todays game but in the bottom of the second, Hawk ripped the daylights out of Mariotti.

He commented on how obsessed he was with trashing Reinsdorf. Twice Hawk called Mariotti an obsessed sick, sick man. He asked DJ "Did you ever see the movie Fatal Attraction? Well I know who Mariotti's idol is in that movie!!" "I'll tell ya Jay!!! You're a lucky lucky guy!! You write for one of the top papers in the nation, and you obviously have some pictures on somebody in The Sun times, and said "Don't lose those pictures Jay!!" You having those pictures (whatever they may be)." "If you lose those pictures........HE GONE!!"

"If there is ever a definition of the word hypocrite, you could put Mariotti's picture right beside it!!"

All of the above are Hawk's quotes! Man, this sounds like it could get pretty ugly in upcoming days!!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 12:16 AM)
Hawk was over the top tonight and wrong. I honeslty hope Mariotti rips him a new one. Mariotti has actually been supportive of the White Sox these past few weeks. He also said stupid s*** about where would Griffey play again too.

Here's hoping that you're gone Hawk.

What? Is JR going to fire Hawk? lol

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 11:16 PM)
Hawk was over the top tonight and wrong. I honeslty hope Mariotti rips him a new one. Mariotti has actually been supportive of the White Sox these past few weeks. He also said stupid s*** about where would Griffey play again too.

Here's to hoping that you go back to the Cubs board where you belong.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 11:31 PM)
Here's to hoping that you go back to the Cubs board where you belong.

Never was part of a Cubs board and never will be. It's funny to laugh about your lack of knowledge on me.

QUOTE(SnB @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 11:31 PM)
because he's not an ace

Statement made no sense whatsoever. Not even as a joke.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 11:32 PM)
Our 3Bman is so underrated.

And why do you think that?

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 12:29 AM)
I find this feud funny. It's like watching a train wreck. They're both just going to keep taking shots at each other until one or the other goes away. Until then, on with the train wreck!

my thoughts exactly. it will be interesting/funny to see how this plays out.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 12:16 AM)

:crying :crying :crying I got sand in my cl*t!!! :crying :crying :crying

Baseball is a man's sport . Deal with what he said.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 01:46 AM)
I understand if Hawk was attacking Mariotti for being stupid, but it was a legit article. And Hawk was just spewing stupid s***.

You don't know what brews on behind the scenes. Believe me, you and I do not know the entire story.

I don't see why this is a reason for hawk to lose his job.

If hawk is gone. I, personally , would start a bring back hawk campaign. I would never listen to audio on tv again.

When I watch a game I feel I am watching it with a good buddy when I listen to Hawk.

I do not care if hawk is 100% wrong. I would never side with the devil: Jay Marrioti.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 12:53 AM)
You don't know what brews on behind the scenes.  Believe me, you and I do not know the entire story.

I don't see why this is a  reason for hawk to lose his job.

If hawk is gone. I, personally , would start a bring back hawk campaign.  I would never listen to audio on tv again.

When I watch a game I feel I am watching it with a good buddy when I listen to Hawk.

I do not care if hawk is 100% wrong. I would never side with the devil: Jay Marrioti.

I know he won't get fired. I'm hoping he retires soon. He's a god awful announcer. I like his hawkisms and all, but he still is extremely homeristic. I rather see Steve Stone in there with a Len Kasper. Unlike you, I'll side with someone I feel is right. Mariotti did nothing to Hawk that I remember reading in yesterday's article. Hawk just went on attack mode. I don't see Hawk ripping Michael Smith from Around the Horn & some Boston Newspaper I think it was for agreeing with Mariotti's assesment. I don't see Hawk ripping anyone else on ESPN or the guy who wrote the original article. He was very hypocritical for blasting Mariotti because he had the chance to while claiming that's what Mariotti does(who has been praising the White Sox nationally for some time now).

Hawk luvs this team just as much, if not more, than maybe of us die-hards. I will almost always take his side, depending on how far he might cross a line...

moronotti is a writer, and not a very good one either. His sports knowledge is very limited, and I equate it to that of just about any casual sports fan. Just watch him on the number of shows he's on and see how he covers up his limited knowledge of sports by spewing ignorant s*** meant to bring out reactions from his audience, mainly anger and disgust.

Hawk has defended this team time and time again. His feelings are well-known. Yeah, he's a homer, and I personally luv that about him.

moronotti has ripped this team time and time again. He'll write just about anything if he thinks it'll get him attention, whether good or bad. He enjoys talking s*** to get a reaction.

So are you really going to take the side of a dumbass who has oftentimes talked s*** about this team just because he's written a couple of positive articles laced with jabs over a someone who you know luvs and supports the team?

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 02:00 AM)
I know he won't get fired. I'm hoping he retires soon. He's a god awful announcer. I like his hawkisms and all, but he still is extremely homeristic. I rather see Steve Stone in there with a Len Kasper. Unlike you, I'll side with someone I feel is right. Mariotti did nothing to Hawk that I remember reading in yesterday's article. Hawk just went on attack mode. I don't see Hawk ripping Michael Smith from Around the Horn & some Boston Newspaper I think it was for agreeing with Mariotti's assesment. I don't see Hawk ripping anyone else on ESPN or the guy who wrote the original article. He was very hypocritical for blasting Mariotti because he had the chance to while claiming that's what Mariotti does(who has been praising the White Sox nationally for some time now).

Marrioti is a bandwagon jumper and only prints what sells. Hawk is behind the mic , living and dying with this f***ing team. Hawk gets paid for it , yeah. But, he is one of the few who watch every damn motherf***ing play.

As hard as it is, at times. 2004's mid season nose dive... Hawk was there.

2003's september collapse.. Guess f***ing what? he was there.

2002's nightmare season... Hawk was there.

2001's 14-29 start.... Hawk was there too.

every play. good times and his share of the bad.

While most of us can turn off the tv during a seven game losing streak, Hawk watches every f***ing play. I will side with Hawk over someone who just conveniently decided to join in on our success.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 02:03 AM)
Hawk luvs this team just as much, if not more, than maybe of us die-hards.  I will almost always take his side, depending on how far he might cross a line...

moronotti is a writer, and not a very good one either.  His sports knowledge is very limited, and I equate it to that of just about any casual sports fan.  Just watch him on the number of shows he's on and see how he covers up his limited knowledge of sports by spewing ignorant s*** meant to bring out reactions from his audience, mainly anger and disgust.

Hawk has defended this team time and time again.  His feelings are well-known.  Yeah, he's a homer, and I personally luv that about him.

moronotti has ripped this team time and time again.  He'll write just about anything if he thinks it'll get him attention, whether good or bad.  He enjoys talking s*** to get a reaction.

So are you really going to take the side of a dumbass who has oftentimes talked s*** about this team just because he's written a couple of positive articles laced with jabs over a someone who you know luvs and supports the team?

:cheers