Part of our problem

Jake

I think part of our pessimism on this board is because our team wins, yes, but we don't look good on paper. Our lineup on paper looks absolutely flat, and no matter what there's no number for clutch hitting so we can't really know if that is true or not. Our staff looks decent on paper, although some things have inflated lately and our back end doesn't look stellar on paper. Our bullpen on paper actually does look good on paper although I personally don't have too much trust in it at times. But overall, i think its the fact that on paper we appear to be overachieving, and our keys to winning often can't be measured with numbers. No stat for team chemisty, no Ozzie Factor stat, no true stat for clutch hitting, no stat for judgement of fly balls, a lot of our claims to fame this year aren't exactly easy to measure. So yes, my friends, I can understand your pessimism, when our play seems to match our look on paper.

QUOTE(Jake @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 12:00 AM)
I think part of our pessimism on this board is because our team wins, yes, but we don't look good on paper. Our lineup on paper looks absolutely flat, and no matter what there's no number for clutch hitting so we can't really know if that is true or not. Our staff looks decent on paper, although some things have inflated lately and our back end doesn't look stellar on paper. Our bullpen on paper actually does look good on paper although I personally don't have too much trust in it at times. But overall, i think its the fact that on paper we appear to be overachieving, and our keys to winning often can't be measured with numbers. No stat for team chemisty, no Ozzie Factor stat, no true stat for clutch hitting, no stat for judgement of fly balls, a lot of our claims to fame this year aren't exactly easy to measure. So yes, my friends, I can understand your pessimism, when our play seems to match our look on paper.

If everybody matched their look on paper, we would still be seeing Yankee-Bo Sox ALCS series' for as long as we live. That's the great thing about reality, it doesn't always turn out as expected.

QUOTE(Jake @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 01:00 AM)

8 :D

QUOTE(wsox08 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 02:39 AM)
"Part of our problem, the fans.." that is the heading... :chair

Read his post. You're taking the title out of context. The title should say something like part of our problem as fans.

You should really read the thread starters first post instead of just going by the title of the thread.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 01:45 AM)
Read his post. You're taking the title out of context. The title should say something like part of our problem as fans.

You should really read the thread starters first post instead of just going by the title of the thread.

:banghead :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :sleep :bang :lolhitting

As a White Sox fan for a little over 15 years now...I see no option other than pessimism. I will stop being pessimistic if I'm jumping up and down pumping my fist in October with a particular Queen song (you know which one) playing loudly in the background. Until then, I will continue to be pessimistic and panic at every single sign of something that goes wrong...I will also express random hopes that somehow people (Crede) will turn it around.