Coffee or Beer?

Texsox

Which would you give up first?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you give up first?

• Coffee
    • Beer

As I was reaching into my fridge for some cream for my coffee, I noticed a lone bottle of Shiner Boch, it looked so sad by inself, and wondered which was more important, a steaming cup of coffee in the morning, or a beer at the end of the day. Tough call. :cheers

Coffee has virtually left my life anyways. Today is the first cup of coffee I have had in probably 1+ month. I can't touch caffiene anyways really (HIGH blood pressure, and it gives me RAGING headaches if I forget to drink it even for one day...so I just don't touch it anymore), so I was only drinking it solely for the taste. If I find myself in the mood for the flavor, I just tell myself I will enjoy a good stout when I get home that night. I would rather have a drink relax me then fire me up, anyways.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 08:48 AM)
Coffee has virtually left my life anyways. Today is the first cup of coffee I have had in probably 1+ month. I can't touch caffiene anyways really (HIGH blood pressure, and it gives me RAGING headaches if I forget to drink it even for one day...so I just don't touch it anymore), so I was only drinking it solely for the taste.

They have decaf coffee... :huh

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 07:49 AM)
They have decaf coffee...  :huh

I know, that is all I drink. But for me, there is no need for it "in the morning" and it becomes something that is 100% consumed for the taste. I find beer to have more varieties that I enjoy. Most people will not give up coffee due to the caffiene, and when you are not relying on that aspect, you find it is easy to live without it.

Now then, if those dang idiots at Starbucks would actually give us decaf drinkers a coffee of the day in the style of Columbian Ass-Kicker Full Bodied Flavor, instead of the friggin' Lite Breakfast Morning that they seem to think we like, I might enjoy coffee in the morning more. Why do they think decaf drinkers always want the "Lite" version of their coffee's???

See, I love strong flavored coffee. I don't like the foofy "strawberry truffle" junk though, so that leaves me only one flavor. But in the mornings I also enjoy juices and chocolate milk.

Oooo, how about those milkshakes that Hershey's and Quik make??? Oh man...those things are amazing!!!

I have to say coffee by default. I really don't drink much and when I do it isn't beer - just can't stand the flavor. Gotta have coffee though. When I get up in the morning, I need a cup of coffee more than my first breath.

My second favorite beverage now? I am surprised to admit it is those Propel flavored waters. Healthy or not, I just like 'em!

SFF

QUOTE(SpringfieldFan @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 09:12 AM)
My second favorite beverage now?  I am surprised to admit it is those Propel flavored waters.  Healthy or not, I just like 'em!

I got 4 cases of that stuff in my garage... ugh.. it's nassssttteeee to me. :puke

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 09:18 AM)
I've never had coffee and I still have 15 months before I can officially drink beer, so I don't know.......

But remember, Vote! It's your patriotic duty as an American

Without a doubt Coffee, you know why, because I can't stand it, well not at the moment anyways (althogh like William I've never really had much if any IIRC).

That said I'm even a big Beer person unless it's of real good quality (I'm talking Belgium Beer possibly Heineken here).

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 09:18 AM)
I've never had coffee and I still have 15 months before I can officially drink beer, so I don't know.......

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 09:24 AM)
Damn, growing up in Iowa must be a b****. :D

You ain't never had a beer?

Hammer, it's in the details. I believe we have a linguist in the William Clinton tradition. Note: Officially

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 08:11 AM)
Jesus, 10+ ???!!! Why not just have an I.V. hooked up??

I bring a thermos to work everyday. Coffee (the caffeine) doesn't do anything for me. I can drink 20 cups and go straight to bed. On the weekends, during the winter, I drink coffee from the moment I wake until I go to sleep at night. I just keep adding coffee into the strainer and water to the machine. I have a system. :)

QUOTE(mreye @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 09:29 AM)
I bring a thermos to work everyday. Coffee (the caffeine) doesn't do anything for me. I can drink 20 cups and go straight to bed. On the weekends, during the winter, I drink coffee from the moment I wake until I go to sleep at night. I just keep adding coffee into the strainer and water to the machine. I have a system.  :)

wait until you get older . . .

QUOTE(mreye @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 09:29 AM)
I bring a thermos to work everyday. Coffee (the caffeine) doesn't do anything for me. I can drink 20 cups and go straight to bed. On the weekends, during the winter, I drink coffee from the moment I wake until I go to sleep at night. I just keep adding coffee into the strainer and water to the machine. I have a system.  :)

..and I thought I was a hardcore coffe drinker. :notworthy :notworthy