Coffee or Beer?

Texsox

Which would you give up first?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you give up first?

• Coffee
    • Beer

QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 08:30 AM)
wait until you get older . . .

That's why I only drink coffee part of the year. I used to drive a truck and be able to drink that much coffee and not have to go potty too often. But, it got pretty bed where I had to go every 20 minutes, and I mean GO NOW!

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 09:11 AM)
Jesus, 10+ ???!!! Why not just have an I.V. hooked up??

True Fact: J.S. Bach drank 36 cups of coffee each day.

I read a paper on Bach's minuets back in college and got hung up on the description of the persistent two-bar hypermeter phrasing he maintains during most of those zippy little numbers. It turns out he was completely hopped up on cafeine the whole time, so that explains a lot. :D

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 08:58 AM)

I read a paper on Bach's minuets back in college and got hung up on the description of the persistent two-bar hypermeter phrasing he maintains during most of those zippy little numbers.  It turns out he was completely hopped up on cafeine the whole time, so that explains a lot.  :D

So, you're saying that if I tried a little harder I could be a genius?

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 09:09 AM)
All I drink is pop basically.  I think if you took coke away from me for an extended period of time I'd have withdrawal.

We have a guy here at work who would drink anywhere from a 12 pack to a case of Coke a day. Then one day, while we were all sitting, my boss looks over at him, and he is out in space, not moving, not responding or anything. We called an ambulance in and he was rushed to the hospital. As it turns out, he decided to quit the Coke cold turkey, and his system went into shock! They gave him a can of Coke while in the hospital, and he started to come around.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 11:09 AM)
We have a guy here at work who would drink anywhere from a 12 pack to a case of Coke a day. Then one day, while we were all sitting, my boss looks over at him, and he is out in space, not moving, not responding or anything. We called an ambulance in and he was rushed to the hospital. As it turns out, he decided to quit the Coke cold turkey, and his system went into shock!  They gave him a can of Coke while in the hospital, and he started to come around.

wow, wonder what his body was addicted to exactly.

all pop is poison by the way.

Edited by LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 09:58 AM)

I read a paper on Bach's minuets back in college and got hung up on the description of the persistent two-bar hypermeter phrasing he maintains during most of those zippy little numbers.  It turns out he was completely hopped up on cafeine the whole time, so that explains a lot.  :D

WTF did Jim just say? For the love of God, someone get me a PhD to English dictionary

QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 12:09 PM)

WTF did Jim just say? For the love of God, someone get me a PhD to English dictionary

:D I was just blithely chalking up one of Bach's signature musical quirks to his serious java jones. I guess I could just as easily attribute his ear for counterpoint and his obsession with somewhat frenetic choral cantatas to a case of ADHD the caffeine coursing through his veins every waking hour of his life.

Next week on Classical Composers and the Chemical Dependencies that made them Swing! :P

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 12:29 AM)
Belgium Beer should really never, ever, ever, under any circumstance, be mentioned in the same breath as "Heineken".

Well yes you can probably say that, because well Belgim Beer's so damn good, but out of the normal "Beers" we get down here, well Heineken would be the best. But your point is well taken.