TIME FOR PLAN B?

spataro51

Well at this point and after hearing constant denial from the reds about a trade for griffey (which i hope still works out). Who else would be a good fit to possibly come in a give us some offensive boost? Something like the cards did last year with getting larry walker. (griff would of given us just that). we are probably stuck hoping that andersn can shine these last month in a half, hopefully he can become are lightning in a bottle, because i am not happy with how this team has played as of late besides the yanks series.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 02:54 PM)
Kenny Williams is way past plan B guys.  He tried everything he could to help this team.  Everything was either over priced or just plain s***ty.  Right now the plan is that the players we have, need to step up, period.

ie: Ron Villone for Brandon McCarthy.

This was one of the worst trade deadlines in the history of MLB. The Marlins overpayed for Villone by giving up Bazardo, luckily Kenny didn't bite on a similar trade.

i'm a big griffey fan and would love to see him here but it's not the end of the world if we go into the postseason with the roster we currently have. they haven't fared too badly this year, after all, and no one else has gotten markedly better either.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 03:37 PM)
OMG, as in...."Gee, it'd be nice to have Young"? Where does he get this stuff?

I don't know if it's simply conjecture or not, but, he's been mentioning his name as one that clear waivers and a potential target for Mr. Willams.

Levine maintains Kenny will add another bat within the next 2 weeks.

bruce was mentioning that the sox are interested in dimitri young? I don't know if detroit would trade him to the sox, since detroit isn't in kc's situation. i think detroit will have a good team and possibly compete if they got better pitching. so i don;t know if they fuel the fire by dealing with us.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 06:52 AM)
Bruce Levine keeps mentioning Dimitri Young.

If he has something like an extra few plate appearances, doesn't his $8 or 9M option for next year automatically kick in?

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 05:16 PM)
I don't know if it's simply conjecture or not, but, he's been mentioning his name as one that clear waivers and a potential target for Mr. Willams.

Levine maintains Kenny will add another bat within the next 2 weeks.

young would be a dissapointment. i don't think he scares anyone. hopefully there is something else.

The official White Sox website indicates a Major league source says the Sox are after Raul Ibanez. He'd be a good pickup, he's a very good hitter.

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 06:33 PM)
The official White Sox website indicates a Major league source says the Sox are after Raul Ibanez.  He'd be a good pickup, he's a very good hitter.

I agree...could play a little outfield and I don't think he'd cost the Sox a top prospect, maybe a Sean Tracey type though (ie a pretty darn good one). Plus its a left handed bat.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 12:33 AM)
I agree...could play a little outfield and I don't think he'd cost the Sox a top prospect, maybe a Sean Tracey type though (ie a pretty darn good one).  Plus its a left handed bat.

Who do you think would cost more Villone or Ibanez? Villone but still...

Seattle has proven that they are dillusional with the best of 'em. Asking for Brandon McCarthy for Villone was bulls*** and I could see them making a similar request for Ibanez which just isn't going to happen. I know we couldn't move McCarthy or Anderson if we wanted to but IMO they'd be asking for a guy like Sweeney, Gio or Young.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 10:01 PM)
Who do you think would cost more Villone or Ibanez? Villone but still...

Seattle has proven that they are dillusional with the best of 'em. Asking for Brandon McCarthy for Villone was bulls*** and I could see them making a similar request for Ibanez which just isn't going to happen. I know we couldn't move McCarthy or Anderson if we wanted to but IMO they'd be asking for a guy like Sweeney, Gio or Young.

Ibanez has a worse contract so I don't think they'd have that type of an asking price. Than again I've been in shock over what a lot of teams have been asking for. Heck, I'd like to think Munoz and Diaz would be an offer the Mariners would listen to. But with recent trends I think its more like Tracey and I got to be honest, I'd still be really hard pressed.

Once again, to me it comes down to how much of an upgrade is Ibanez over Everett and quite frankly I'd rather have Everett playing everyday than Ibanez (whose having a pretty damn good year). I think Everett is a little more battle tested.