Uribe

The Ginger Kid

Anyone else notice that that since he hit the triple off Rivera in NY, Juan Uribe is really starting to stroke it at the plate? He's laying off the low and away breaking ball that was his nemesis. He's working the count and fouling off a ton of pitches. And when he does make contact he's absolutely belting the ball.

He's 6 for 14 (.428) since that triple. Man...if he gets going that would be huge!

:headbang

Edited by The Ginger Kid

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 12:20 PM)
Anyone else notice that that since he hit the triple off Rivera in NY, Juan Uribe is really starting to stroke it at the plate? He's laying off the low and away breaking ball that was his nemesis. He's working the count and fouling off a ton of pitches. And when he does make contact he's absolutely belting the ball.

He's 6 for 14 (.428) since that triple. Man...if he gets going that would be huge!

He's had quite a few streaks this season....but he always winds up going back down to .240 in average. I don't know....I hope he is getting out of it.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 12:20 PM)

I almost fell off my couch when he had 2 balls. They must be working with him on being more patient. He swings at too much junk.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 10:40 AM)
Uribe was an absolute beast the first half of last season.  If he could get that hot again, he could carry us through the post season, that's how hot he was.

See, I totally agree with this. Remember how he hit with power to ALL fields? I just think this could be huge. With Pods out, I'd like to see Tad leading off and Uribe hitting in the 2 hole, like he did last year.

The thing that really has given me hope is those 9-10 pitch at bats he's been getting all of a sudden. Somehow he's no longer swinging and missing at 3/4 of the pitches thrown to him. That alone is an encouraging sign.

As strong as he is, and as hard as he swings, if he puts the bat on the ball and keeps it fair, it will just fly.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 11:06 AM)
See, I totally agree with this. Remember how he hit with power to ALL fields? I just think this could be huge. With Pods out, I'd like to see Tad leading off and Uribe hitting in the 2 hole, like he did last year.

I've got a good feeling we'll see that tonight.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 01:08 PM)
I've got a good feeling we'll see that tonight.

I know this much. Uribe looked horrid before he got that triple. As Ozzie said, he nailed Rivera after looking like s*** against the junkballer. Unreal.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 12:41 PM)
I almost fell off my couch when he had 2 balls.  They must be working with him on being more patient.  He swings at too much junk.

Ever since Frank took him under his wings, I'll bet his P/PA has gone up.