Official Game thread, 8/16/05

Balta1701

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 07:58 PM)
Dont worry though,  Damaso is backing him up.

prolly in case the inning gets to mauer/morneau. we cant afford to give anything up here, i think ozzies got to use someone before that if freddy gets 1 guy on

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 08:59 PM)
Is Nathan Available tonight? I know he has pitched the last two days.

well, considering he didnt pitch in a 2 week strech before the latest save oppertunities, I would say he is.

I think he had a streak earlier this year of 4 saves in 4 days or 4 in 5

Edited by Benchwarmerjim

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 07:55 PM)
What's the chances Garcia starts the 7th?

If Garcia battles through this inning and escapes, and the offense fails to scratch across the run, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the 8th. Even worse if we tie it, the likelihood Garcia comes out increases more.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 08:00 PM)
Hawk: I would rather have a guy who was 10-7 with a 4.25 ERA than a guy who was 7-10 with a 3.65 ERA

STFU Hawk!

yeah thats foolish....thats like the poeple who argue carpenter over clemens. granted i will say carpenters complete games are an advantage over clemens, but its foolish to not give an award to a starter with a 1.38 ERa. s*** relievers have won the cy youn with a 1.38

Quick inning for Garcia.

Expect him out in the 8th inning under every circumstance except a White Sox lead.

Then, as has happened several times before, he'll give up a HR and Guillen will have to remove him. Garcia never seems to be removed between innings.

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 08:05 PM)
We cant do s*** against Rincon, thats for sure.  AND Nathan only needed 9 pitches to get 3 of the Sox hitters out.

adnerson is gonna get a shot to be a big time hero

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 08:07 PM)
You know what I don't understand:  Uribe is swinging the bat well, yet we put him in front of Crede?  Not exactly a way to keep a rally going.

where else are you gonna put him????