Official Game thread, 8/16/05

Balta1701

Ozzie and KW's ego has hurt our team. I honestly feel like Ozzie would rather play with "his" guys than to have to bring in a new player that could be the star. If I have to read another statement that says how we have a big lead or the best record in the AL, I'm going to puke. The playoffs aren't a guarantee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 12:38 AM)
This "who cares" attitude needs to stop. Our postseason position is not guaranteed.

Before you know it, we'll be saying "oh well" when our lead is trimmed to 8 games. Then 5 games.

We need improvements on this club immediately. This offense is terrible. Can't score in 9 innings off Minnesotas bullpen how do you expect to fare off Anaheim's? Or Oaklands?

-- What can we do Tizzle? We're in a skid. But I ain't jumping ship. GO SOX!

Umm the twins bullpen is just as good if not better then the angels and A's

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 11:41 PM)
Umm the twins bullpen is just as good if not better then the angels and A's

I am sure glad Matt Guerrier shut us down for 4 innings. That was pretty sweet. The only thing that would of been better is if Mulholland came in and shut us down.

Please more helmet slamming by sox players after they choke popping the ball up or King with men on. That is very retro-2000-2004 whitesox offense.

Jenks pitched filthy and showed he had a sac. Then Jon Adkins came in and showed us why he blows wet dog.

And I wasted my time sitting through all 16 innings of crap.

Edited by southsideirish71

Can someone do me a favor who saw the game on TV or saw a replay or something...was the guy at first safe on the bunt? I was at the game, but only got one look at it, just like everyone else did. It was awful close. My first instinct (unbiased as always, because i'm an ump) said he got him just barely, but that was super close. Just wondering...not gonna blame the game on it.

But when Ozzie came out again before the bottom of the 16th to talk to the first base ump, i figured he went (or someone else did) and saw a replay, and was telling him that he got it wrong. Otherwise, what the hell would he be talking to him about?

BTW, Hermanson doesn't seem too pleased about AJP's pitch selection to Cuddyer. In tomorrow's tribune, he states how AJP called for a low and in slider to Cuddyer, and Hermanson said he hasn't thrown many to righty batter. Thursday's day off can't come soon enough.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 01:45 AM)
BTW, Hermanson doesn't seem too pleased about AJP's pitch selection to Cuddyer.  In tomorrow's tribune, he states how AJP called for a low and in slider to Cuddyer, and Hermanson said he hasn't thrown many to righty batter.  Thursday's day off can't come soon enough.

Shake him off. Or go talk to him about it.

You still threw the pitch.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 06:50 AM)
Shake him off. Or go talk to him about it.

You still threw the pitch.

Yep, and it was an awful pitch. I have no clue why he didn't try to strike him out with the splitter. Also, I always thought the philosophy was late in the game that if the tying run is up, you make them beat you to the opposite field.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 01:52 AM)
Yep, and it was an awful pitch.  I have no clue why he didn't try to strike him out with the splitter.  Also, I always thought the philosophy was late in the game that if the tying run is up, you make them beat you to the opposite field.

In general, that's a good philosophy. Because they are less likely to go opposite field to tie the game on a HR. Depends on the guy though obviously, and where he's looking for the pitch. Many times catchers can notice if a batter is looking out or in, s*** like that. But yeah, probly should have stayed away on 2-2. 3-2 you just need to bring a strike, out in or wherever.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 12:56 AM)
In general, that's a good philosophy. Because they are less likely to go opposite field to tie the game on a HR. Depends on the guy though obviously, and where he's looking for the pitch. Many times catchers can notice if a batter is looking out or in, s*** like that. But yeah, probly should have stayed away on 2-2. 3-2 you just need to bring a strike, out in or wherever.

Where were you sitting tonight krush?

Edited by Rowand44

Adkins sucks ass. But we did have 6 innings to score freaking 1 run to win this thing. Our offense is slumping- KGJ please? It seems like we haven't won a game in weeks- lets at least salvage a game at HOME. Our record at home after the ASG is 6-9. Thats not good. With Santana pitching today and the Yankees coming to town- we might see our division lead shrink to 8 games by Sunday nite. I'm starting to get alittle worried here guys.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 06:54 AM)
Adkins sucks ass. But we did have 6 innings to score freaking 1 run to win this thing. Our offense is slumping- KGJ please? It seems like we haven't won a game in weeks- lets at least salvage a game at HOME. Our record at home after the ASG is 6-9. Thats not good. With Santana pitching today and the Yankees coming to town- we might see our division lead shrink to 8 games by Sunday nite. I'm starting to get alittle worried here guys.

6-12 if you include Oakland.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 12:54 PM)

Then, after the Yankees series, we're going to likely get Radke, Santana, and Silva at the Dome, followed by Felix Hernandez at Seattle. At this point, I would gladly take .500 the rest of the way, but there's no guarantee we can even play at that level.