Official Game thread, 8/16/05

Balta1701

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 08:19 PM)
He's really bad. That's all. I'm sure he's a great guy, but if you let his few moments of 'clutchness' distort your view of him go ahead.

Oh I don't. Hes a bad everyday player. I'll be the first to say it. But he gets teh job done in the big spots. I think every team needs a guy like that on the bench. That's all.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 08:19 PM)
Watchin him on those high fastballs obviously he's got to work on that quite a bit, with his swings. A very good AB that was though.

ill say this....there is something to be said about a hitter who can take ugly swings at good pitches and foul them off waiting for the right pitch. anderson still didnt find that right pitch tonight, but id rather see an ugly swing that fouls the ball off like he did tonight than and ugly swing and miss (ie uribe)

QUOTE(BlackBetsy @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 02:19 AM)
Seriously, da Chort.  The bummer here is that people only see the 4 or 5 clutch hits but totally ignore the 73% of the time he fails to get on base.

I hate Timo more than anyone, but if he contributes to the team, we should be happy.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 02:20 AM)
I hate Timo more than anyone, but if he contributes to the team, we should be happy.

I am happy.

I'm happy he got the hit. I'm happy we're winning.

I'm not happy, however, that this hit will mean another few days of him leading off. That's why it's bittersweet.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 02:21 AM)
I am happy. 

I'm happy he got the hit.  I'm happy we're winning. 

I'm not happy, however, that this hit will mean another few days of him leading off.  That's why it's bittersweet.

He had a double already tonight. If Ozzie is going to play him when he's like 5 for his last 40, he's going to play him no matter what.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 08:22 PM)
No, but he's poop on defense.  Compared to Anderson. 

Compared to anyone with two legs, actually.  :D

i hate that one handed catch he does. ill say this right now, there may not be an OF out there that has stronger arms than the one out there now. even if rowands arm is only average-slightly above average

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 02:21 AM)
Good Marte is getting that call low on the outside corner. That's always a good sign.

Yep, that's always the key for him. He got away with a massive hanger to Mauer, and then aced him. How many times this AB will Hawk call LeCroy "country-strong"?

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 09:20 PM)

See with anyone else I'd be happy.

Kelly Dransfeldt = Cheat Happy

Pedro Lopez = Cheat Happy

Jamie Burke = Cheat Happy

I knew those guys weren't going to get extended playing time because of their few clutch hits. Timo will leadoff until Podsednik is back now.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 02:23 AM)
i hate that one handed catch he does. ill say this right now, there may not be an OF out there that has stronger arms than the one out there now. even if rowands arm is only average-slightly above average

Is Anderson's arm really that good? I still laugh about the Angels outfield for a few games last year with Vlad, Guillen, and Mondesi. The Braves have a great throwing outfield, as Francouer has an absolute rifle.