Official Game thread, 8/16/05

Balta1701

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 08:24 PM)
Is Anderson's arm really that good?  I still laugh about the Angels outfield for a few games last year with Vlad, Guillen, and Mondesi.  The Braves have a great throwing outfield, as Francouer has an absolute rifle.

supposedly anderson has the best throwing arm in the IL. threw mid 90s heat as a reliever at arizona....ill see if i can find the link about anderson having the best arm in the IL

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 08:21 PM)
Good Marte is getting that call low on the outside corner. That's always a good sign.

Marte quickly retiring Morneau/Mauer is an even better sign. He's had a reoccuring problem of running LH's full or leaving breaking balls over the plate.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 02:24 AM)
Is Anderson's arm really that good?  I still laugh about the Angels outfield for a few games last year with Vlad, Guillen, and Mondesi.  The Braves have a great throwing outfield, as Francouer has an absolute rifle.

I said this over at Cheat's blog, but left to right, Anderson - Rowand - Dye is arguably (key word in here) the best defensive OF in baseball.

The only other one that jumps out to me off the top of my head is Floyd - Beltran - Cameron.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 12:25 PM)
Marte quickly retiring Morneau/Mauer is an even better sign. He's had a reoccuring problem of running LH's full or leaving breaking balls over the plate.

And he was able to throw the slider for strikes as well.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 08:27 PM)
There was no real knock, sure he's had some K's. More than anything the knock was just time. He's now had just over 2 years as a professional. And he's been injured for some of that time.

So what kind of major league player do you see him becoming. numbers wise. power wise. obp wise. If you'd venture a guess, though i suspect its all guesswork at this stage.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 12:29 PM)
Man, I'm glad Cliffy got out of that.  He makes me nervous lately.

Is Dustin available/healthy enough to pitch tonight?  He hasn't seen action since NY I believe.

Cotts was warming up, don't think Hermy was.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 12:29 PM)
So what kind of major league player do you see him becoming. numbers wise. power wise. obp wise. If you'd venture a guess, though i suspect its all guesswork at this stage.

Right now, I'd sort of guess Jacque Jones like production. Around .270, 20-25HR's, 90 RBI's.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 09:29 PM)

Next season, his numbers won't be pretty.

After that, however, he's very similar to Rowand. A 275 hitter with a decent OBP, and 20-25 HR power.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 10:24 PM)

When Frank came to Ottawa for 4 games with the Knights, I saw Anderson throw out a couple of guys at home. He threw absolute peas and they didn't even bounce - low strikes - absolutely took my breath away.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 08:31 PM)
Right now, I'd sort of guess Jacque Jones like production. Around .270, 20-25HR's, 90 RBI's.

good comparison, i think hopefully he could add more power than jones, maybe get a year or two in there where hits 30. hell be a rowand type player with better power

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 08:32 PM)
Next season, his numbers won't be pretty.

After that, however, he's very similar to Rowand. A 275 hitter with a decent OBP, and 20-25 HR power.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 08:31 PM)

Cool. thx guys.