Official Game thread, 8/16/05

Balta1701

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 08:33 PM)
When Frank came to Ottawa for 4 games with the Knights, I saw Anderson throw out a couple of guys at home.  He threw absolute peas and they didn't even bounce - low strikes - absolutely took my breath away.

yeah, i found the article sayin he had the best arm in teh international league, you need subscription tho....

http://www.baseballamerica.com/online/feat...sttoolsaaa.html

i also remember when he was in zona fall league they said he was the best defensive OF there.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 12:34 PM)
True, I'm just assuming he's with a big league club next season. Not necessarily this one, but a big league club, nonetheless

Out of Young, Sweeney or Anderson if 1's dealt, I'd actualy like it to be Brian. He's probably got the least potential out of the 3 but is the most sure thing.

Maybe in a trade for a 3rd baseman in the off-season perhaps?

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 02:37 AM)
Out of Young, Sweeney or Anderson if 1's dealt, I'd actualy like it to be Brian. He's probably got the least potential out of the 3 but is the most sure thing.

For some reason, I always thought the Sox would move Sweeney to 1b. Is that even an option?

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 08:37 PM)

im still not sold on sweeney i mean i know hes 19 with a sweet swing or whatever but 0 homers, i dunno maybe i just havent seen enough of him to be sold. young tho.....who i also havent seen so im not relaly qualified to make an opinion. but everything i read or hear sounds like this kid is gonna be some kind of good when he figures out how to play this game.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 09:37 PM)

Right now, I'd be inclined to trade Rowand this off-season over all of them. Rowand may have more value than any of them, especially if he comes with a GG.

If you could get a middle of the line-up bat, like Overbay or something I could live with Anderson in CF and at the bottom of the line-up struggling for a year.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 12:38 PM)
For some reason, I always thought the Sox would move Sweeney to 1b.  Is that even an option?

Maybe, depends on other factors like locking up Konerko long - term and how Casey Rogowski can handle the majors.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 12:39 PM)
Right now, I'd be inclined to trade Rowand this off-season over all of them. Rowand may have more value than any of them, especially if he comes with a GG.

If you could get a middle of the line-up bat, like Overbay or something I could live with Anderson in CF and at the bottom of the line-up struggling for a year.

If Rowand's power ain't gonna come back, agree 100%. Problem is Milwaulkee already has Brady Clark, Rowand probably isn't enough of an upgrade.

Arizona however...........