Official Game thread, 8/16/05

Balta1701

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 12:07 AM)
Right now, I'm rooting for the Twins to score 20 runs against Adkins.  I'll be very disappointed if he's still on the big league team after tonight.

i was just thinking that...there is no reason for him to be on this team after this performance

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 10:57 PM)
Oh well. We're still 11 games up and our first 4 game losing streak comes in mid August.

This "who cares" attitude needs to stop. Our postseason position is not guaranteed.

Before you know it, we'll be saying "oh well" when our lead is trimmed to 8 games. Then 5 games.

We need improvements on this club immediately. This offense is terrible. Can't score in 9 innings off Minnesotas bullpen how do you expect to fare off Anaheim's? Or Oaklands?

I think we're seeing the last of Adkins tonight. But if you're laying blame, look no further than Hermanson who let this get away in the 9th. I wish Oz would've given Jenks the chance to close if Hermie's not up to it.

f***. Looks like it's going to be a sweep with Santana going tomorrow. He's been lights out.

Think Minny's going to be pumped next week when the Sox come knocking? They're not thinking about the wild card, they're thinking about winning the division. This will be good for the Sox. Get them on their game going into september.

You cant get that mad at Hermanson b/c every closer will blow one from time to time and he really hasnt this year for the most part. But if Hermanson isnt 100%, which is what we've all been led to believe, then why wasnt Cotts, Politte or Jenks in the 9th? In that case, look nowhere else than Ozzie

This "who cares" attitude needs to stop. Our postseason position is not guaranteed.

Before you know it, we'll be saying "oh well" when our lead is trimmed to 8 games. Then 5 games.

We need improvements on this club immediately. This offense is terrible. Can't score in 9 innings off Minnesotas bullpen how do you expect to fare off Anaheim's? Or Oaklands?

-- What can we do Tizzle? We're in a skid. But I ain't jumping ship. GO SOX!