Official Game thread, 8/16/05

Balta1701

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 06:55 PM)
Yep, getting swept by the Twins in August sure will do wonders for the Sox's confidence.

I'm not saying that at all. If we got swept you think it would be this terrible thing. They would think, "oh well, it happens, lets go get the next team."

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 12:57 AM)
I'm not saying that at all. If we got swept you think it would be this terrible thing. They would think, "oh well, it happens, lets go get the next team."

If it was anyone but the Twins, I would agree. We have more games left this season against them than anyone else.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 07:58 PM)
If it was anyone but the Twins, I would agree.  We have more games left this season against them than anyone else.

Pheww !! Now quit swinging for the fences and get some walks or hits..!! :gosoxretro:

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 06:58 PM)
If it was anyone but the Twins, I would agree.  We have more games left this season against them than anyone else.

Exactly my point. We as fans would say, "oh no, they have all those games where they could beat us and catch up."

The players think, "all right, we have all those games where we can come off the sweep and put them in their place."

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 06:58 PM)
Good job by Garcia of making the accurate throw.  Big batter in this game in Ryan here.

i didnt see the WP right there, but has anyone noticed, and it happens mostly when freddy is on the bump, that AJ doesnt block the ball to his right. seems like he tries to stab at it with the mit. its really the only thing i can say anything about with AJ. just seems he doesnt block the fastball to his right as well as other catchers, and lets some balls that most catchers would get to get by him

QUOTE(daa84 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 08:00 PM)
i didnt see the WP right there, but has anyone noticed, and it happens mostly when freddy is on the bump, that AJ doesnt block the  ball to his right. seems like he tries to stab at it with the mit. its really the only thing i can say anything about with AJ. just seems he doesnt block the fastball to his right as well as other catchers, and lets some balls that most catchers would get to get by him

Here comes out # 1...a groundout...

QUOTE(daa84 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 01:00 AM)
i didnt see the WP right there, but has anyone noticed, and it happens mostly when freddy is on the bump, that AJ doesnt block the  ball to his right. seems like he tries to stab at it with the mit. its really the only thing i can say anything about with AJ. just seems he doesnt block the fastball to his right as well as other catchers, and lets some balls that most catchers would get to get by him

Garcia's arm angle on his slider makes a lot of his pitches in the dirt impossible to block.